Proving Darwin Right

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Never mind the God vs Evolution thing, in the last quarter century or so, we have taken survival of the fittest out of natures hands.
<ul>
<LI>you are now required by law in 49 states to wear seatbelts.
<LI>Automobile manufacturers are required to place forced restraint systems in all vehicles
<LI>Immunizations are required before starting school
<LI>Hitchhiking is prohibited in most states
<LI>Meat is required in many locales to be cooked to 160&#176 or higher
<LI>The blow dryer has a large tag advising against using while showering
<LI>We are searched at all airports, just to be safe
<LI>Guns are now being sold with trigger-locks
<LI>There are speed limits on roads(personal gripe)
</ul>

What ever happened to "good ole common sense"? Everything must be regulated in order to protect the young, the very old & the criminally stupid. Why not allow nature to take it's course & take the fools out of the gene pool...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
hehe. Reminds me of my own personal favorite. Signs and stop lights. If your stupid enough to walk out in front of the MOVING car, then you deserve to die. If you pull your car out into the intersection WITHOUT checking, then you deverse to get hit. Screw it.

If your stupid, then you deserve it. THINK. I always tell my kids this. Think before you act. One day maybe it'll sink in. :lol: Common sense is more important than education. It's what you live by.

Stupid people shouldn't breed.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Gonz, I've been saying that for years. Ever since I saw a mars bar with "open here" printed on the label. How stupid do people need to be to require instructions on how to open a friggin' mars bar?

Gonzo

Staff member
wait until they print eating instructions before laughing too hard Prof

<OL>
<LI>Open package carefully & completely
<LI>Insert a small amount into mouth
<LI>bite down gently, but hard enough to break off the piece bitten into
<LI>chew at least 32 times
<LI>swallow slowly
<LI>DO NOT INHALE before finishing step #5
</OL>

greenfreak

I've heard so many times that people should be able to elect not to wear their seat belt, not to observe speed limits or traffic devices. As someone who used to respond to the scenes of accidents to care for these people who were speeding, got into an accident and got thrown from their vehicle, I'm glad there are limits. If you want to be unsafe in your driving, fine, just make sure you don't affect anything or anyone else in your reckless actions: If you elect not to wear your seat belt or not to observe the speed limit, then you should not be afforded any ambulance response, nor be treated at any hospital. And if you cause property damage or physical injury to people other than yourself as a result of your speeding, you should have your license taken away forever. If you kill someone as a result of speeding, you are put to death. The problem with not having restraint devices or speed limits is it's always going to affect someone else-whether as a result of someone abusing their power and injuring or killing someone else or by driving up costs of healthcare.

My first thought about the trigger locks on guns would be to protect children who found it under Mom and Dad's bed because they weren't smart enough to secure it properly. In those situations, it could be a good thing, no? I would lean toward protecting children until they can fend for themselves instead of letting them die of a disease that could have been prevented by a shot or letting them handle guns and possibly kill themselves or others.

Yes, I think there are alot of things these days that are 'dumbed down' for people and it's pathetic. But I think not having any of the restrictions you mentioned is going a little too far.

Maxout

I think there ought to be a big sign in the Delivery room that says "Life can be dangerous, watch your ass!".

"You have been warned."

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
LOL@Maxout
Why not allow nature to take it's course & take the fools out of the gene pool...
That's a good argument to legalize drugs also. The problem is most of the fools are stupid enough not only to theirselves but the guy that has nothing to do with.
Signs and stop lights. If your stupid enough to walk out in front of the MOVING car, then you deserve to die.
That reminds me of my trouble with security strips(or whatever you call them in english). I don't know how's the low there but here it says you must stop whenever someone put his foot in one. But there are so many of them in the road to make the transit flow! Damn if there is too much traffic to allow a secure crossing of the way put a f**ing semaphore there. But don't make a 1+ ton car stop and go again only because someone wants to cross the road in that place on that instant. Next time they'll aprove a law that will make trains to stop when a car needs to cross the rail...

Gonzo

Staff member
It is better to have these "self-protection" laws & not allow natural selection? There's a reason our species is getting dumber & dumber, regardless of all the advances made, our morons aren't dying the way they're supposed to;)

greenfreak

So by me 'falling into the trap', you mean that I'm one of the morons you're talking about because I disagree with you?

Are you serious about all this or are you being coy?

Gonzo

Staff member
I'm not saying you're a moron, I am saying you're one of those that has taken natural selection out of the mix, "for our own good"

Professur

Mushroom at large
Don't worry. I'll be taking a few idiots hunting next season. I'm sure that we can thin the crowd a bit. After all, didn't ya know that if you wear deer antlers on your head, you can get closer to deer, because they'll thing you're one of them?

rofl.