Is it just me

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Ain't just you. I think we're going through another of those conflict periods.

greenfreak

I don't read the RW and I'm pretty happy with that. But I made the mistake of going into the Bobby Hogg welcome thread, curious since it had 63 responses.

I hate that round-and-around shit. I really don't know how you guys put up with it, choose to put up with it, or participate in it. It's frustrating for me to read, much less respond to! Yikes.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I'll endeavour to explain. In the world, you have several sorts of people. The people who think for themselves and those who believe the media. The leaders, and the followers. Those who want to help everyone, those who want people to help themselves and those who think that help should be reserved for those who actually need it. But most of all, you've got the mouth pieces, and those who're more inclined to walk away.

The problem is that when the only ones talking are all on one side of the court, the followers have only them to follow. If noone speaks up against them, the followers begin to believe them, because noone ever presented an opposing point of view.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Professur said:
The problem is that when the only ones talking are all on one side of the court, the followers have only them to follow. If noone speaks up against them, the followers begin to believe them, because noone ever presented an opposing point of view.

I see the opposite issue. No one ever knows when it's time to shut the FUCK up. There have been many (many, many, many) times when I could have and had the resolve concerning my position to continue the argument, but it was obviously doing zero good. When someone is absolutely dead-set on zealously guarding his right to keep his head up his ass, the best thing to do is walk away and let him have at it.

Very few others seem to know how to do that. Ever.

Mirlyn

rebmeM
HomeLAN said:
When someone is absolutely dead-set on zealously guarding his right to keep his head up his ass, the best thing to do is walk away and let him have at it.

Very few others seem to know how to do that. Ever.
That pretty much sums it up to me as well.

leslie

HomeLAN said:
Ain't just you. I think we're going through another of those conflict periods.
I just went to karma you to comment on that and I realized there is none. :o

Professur

Mushroom at large
I've officially quit. I might be leaving a few friends behind, but looking at the total posts over the last week, I'd say there are damn few left already.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Sorry to hear that. If it changes for the better, shall I let you know?

I refuse to be chased off, personally.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Professur said:
Yeah. I'm not chased off, so much as disgusted.

pretty much the entire population. Odd that all the people who ran off to for PiL are all the week's top posters.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Don't be a prat. You know you've always got a special place in my heart. But I don't need to go there to be near you.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Don't be a prat. You know you've always got a special place in my heart. But I don't need to go there to be near you.

BUt you said EVERYONE there had something to do with you leaving :p

Professur

Mushroom at large
Professur said:
pretty much the entire population. Odd that all the people who ran off to for PiL are all the week's top posters.

I said pretty much the entire population. Pretty much.

And you should know better than to think you're included in statements like that.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Professur said:
I said pretty much the entire population. Pretty much.

And you should know better than to think you're included in statements like that.

I, for some reason, felt like being overly dramatic that day...I KNEW I wasn't included...I was just taking your words literally as a joke...

Professur

Mushroom at large
Do I act that much like Bill Shakespeare that all the wimmen around me feel the need to audition their drama skills?