I sure wish this could fall in my lap

leslie

Their future’s so bright they’ve got to wear shades. Alright, it’s a hackneyed phrase, but it certainly applies to three winners who were obviously going out of their minds with excitement Friday night, after learning they’d suddenly earned a share of $32.5 million. That was the near-record jackpot in the latest Super 7 lottery.

The winning tickets were snapped up in Quebec, Alberta, and nearby Markham. The Ontario Lottery Corporation says each of the lucky people will take home $10.5 million.

well...congrats to them anyway :beerchug:

Professur

Mushroom at large
I stand by what I've always said. Lotteries are a tax on stupid people. Every once in a while, you might get a refund. But mostly, you pay for nothing.

leslie

yeah...I don't actually play em, but I still get illogically really jealous when someone wins. That 32 mil is an awful lot of bucks gone from people who couldnt' afford it.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Did you know that over 50% of big winners have nothing left, and nothing gained within 2 years? Then they have to go and beg their jobs back, since they made asses of themselves to their bosses when leaving. 10 million isn't all that much, when you try to live off it, and play it rich at the same time.

leslie

yeah...see I wouldn't do that. I know someone who won 5 and seems to be living rich and on it at the same time...not much longer I imagine.

He got a really wicked lawn tractor out of it though :D