Help!

BigDadday

Everday People
OK I did it to my computer now?? I tried to install a 60gb hard drive and it wouldn't even show?? I have an Abit BE6 rev II which was flashed to 1000 MHz and had in it a 40 and a 20 gb hard drives. This 60 will not show up at all what does now show is this,same as my friends,

DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK & PRESS ENTER

I threw a start up disk/floppy in it and nothing and am going to try my cd but did I screw up my bios when I first put this in possibly and now have to go and set it to the default??

HELP!

:cry:

Brewmeister

Is the MB Bios seeing the drive, or does it still see the 40 and 20? If it doesn't see the new drive, try going into the BIOS setup and changing the hard drive type for the Primary IDE (the first one) to "Auto". Actually, set both primary drives to "Auto" and let it redetect everything.

BigDadday

Everday People
After about 4 hours of online support from others as well I must have done something cuz it is working fine now and have no idea what I did.

BigDadday

Everday People
OK I should elaborate more so so here I go.......

I have a Abit BE6 revII mobo and the bios have been flashed where I am running a PIII 1000MHz from the old PII 450 MHz.I had thought after havinga 20 for my master and a 40 for my slave I could take the 60 and copy what was on the 40 and have extra to add some more toys onto but I guess either my mobo is to old or my processor to slow I have no idea. A m8 said I probably need an updated mobo but as long as this one is running it is a good enuff one. I have a cheapo EUPA mobo in another spare box and I have no idea what kind DELL uses in their laptops so I guess I will just make do and wanted to say thnx for answering Brewmeister.BD

BigDadday

Everday People
Brewmeister said:
It was the magic foo-foo dust you sprinkled over it. Ain't computers great? Glad it's working.

Either that or it overheard me threatening to throw it up against the wall.:D :smash: