Hamburgers

unclehobart

this is my special title
What method do you use to cook the lowly hamburger? Temp? Thickness? How do you serve it?

I prefer a very thin patty of at least 93% lean ground beef fried quickly in a pan (8 out of 10 on the range top heat settings). I do about 4 min on the first side and 2 on the second side. I stack two of these thin patties upon a deli fresh bun and slip a slice of sharp cheddar between them. I top it all off with lettuce, tomato, and a dash of mustard.

...life is good.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I just throw it in a pan, turn up the burner, and declare that it's done when the smoke alarm goes off.

I guess that's why nobody wants to eat hamburgers when I cook them :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I like mine on the grill...lowfat variety too, mainly to avoid all that grease...hate the grease. Toasted Kaiser roll, mayo, onion, pickles and ketchup. Served with my award winning homemade potato salad and a freash ear of sweet white corn.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
A local eatery serves their namesake burger "Brevin's Burger" like this:

1/2 lb hamburger grilled to your preference topped with sauteed onions, swiss cheese, crispy bacon and barbeque sauce.

O H... M Y... G O D!!! It is gooooooood!
:eek:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I prefer 'em grilled. Unc, it's a real bitch to grill them when they're as thin as you like 'em.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Anyone who use's "pan" & any form of beef/lamb/pork is to be taken out & shot. The only way to eat meat is grilled over a hot fire until it stops mooing(etc). Of course, back home in L.A. this worked much better in January than it does here in Indiana..., gloves-check, parka-check-thermal plug-in heated long underwear-check, gtrilling tongs attached to yer mittens-check