Grrr....

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
If you try using this kind of shat in court (since I'm going there anyways):

Posted by Steve 9:01 AM (CDT)
New Virus/Worms:
CoolTechZone has a virus info they yanked from Symantec that many of you will want to know about. W32.Evaman@mm is a mass-mailing worm that spreads to addresses found at the Web site, email.people.yahoo.com. The worm arrives as an attachment with an .exe or .scr extension. Here’s a snippet:

Symantec is reporting the mail servers of various popular email services such as Hotmail and Yahoo to be bogged down with a new worn, code-named Evaman.

Not mentioned above are the two new virus W32.Beagle.Y@mm and W32.Mota.A@mm, so make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.

greenfreak

I just updated mine today after removing 9 new viruses from my computer. I got them all at once, in one of two ways... I was posting at OTC about Spiderman 2 and wanted to look up photos, see if I could find some juicy pictures of Tobey and stupidly typed in spiderman2 into my browser (I didn't put the www in front or the com in back because I don't want anyone clicking on the link too!). Well, as you can guess, it didn't go to the official site, it went to some search engine something or other.

Then I went to the official Sony website and downloaded a screensaver. You would think a file from Sony would be clean. I installed it, a few minutes later, AVG started going nuts advising me of all the new viruses I had.

So, yeah, my AV is updated, as is my Spybot. I'm clean now but it took me an hour and a half to investigate all these things, delete the files/registry settings/running processes, run AV and Spybot 10 times. :banghead:

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I'm running avast! up-to-date at home. Best thing I ever did was to instal Zone Alarm on that puter. Been running free of pests for a while now.