A sign of more to come

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Repairs, that is.

So, I was driving along one day at about 35mph, the car started vibrating pretty violently. The steering wheel was shimmying rapidly. I stopped the car, took a look at the tires... the front left one was running extremely low, so I figured I'd just go get the tires filled up. Upon closer inspection, it was also bare on the inside and had a knot that was getting ready to cut through and blow up the tire. No junkyards or stores that I called had the right brand (Aquatread 2), only the right size. So I got the donut put on there and drove into a Goodyear shop (yeah yeah, i know)... my tires were apparently discontinued two generations ago, so they didn't have any new or used ones I could replace it with. I had to get a whole new set of tires.

$463 so far...

I guess this is the start of the next wave of repairs. :shrug: I'm guessing the shocks are next, because they are kinda not working. (if I go over a bump too fast, the car will just bang instead of bounce)

How much do shocks run for?

Professur

Mushroom at large
Up here, a small fortune. You're probably running struts up front, and they're about $100 each, $30 a piece for the rears (yes, change the lot, they've all seen the same milage). Add 2 hours labour, and an alignment (yes, you'll need an alignment too.)

Owning a car's a chrome plated bitch, ain't it? Try owning more than one.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't the rear ones be more expensive than the front ones, for a RWD car?

Heh. I hope this one will last until I have money to spend on cars. :P

Inkara1

You didn't buy four new Goodyears, did you? I haven't heard a whole lot good about Goodyear tires lately.

Inkara1

Maybe there's hope, though, if they're not Goodyear Integrity tires. Those get the bulk of the Goodyear bitching... and of course, those tires come as original equipment on a lot of cars nowadays.