3Months or 5000KM

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
On July 3 I got my oil changed and I've already put 4800km (2000 of that was in the past 3 days) on the car since.

My question is should I change my oil this weekend or wait a little longer? Money is not the problem as my work pays for it, but damn change it only after a month seems like a waste.

Kruz

Staff member
If your going to put that kind of milage on your car, I would use Synthetic oil.
If your mostly doing highway driving you can change the oil every 5000 miles. Thats the change interval I use for my truck.
If you do stop & go traffic, towing, or drive in a mountian reagion.. stay with 3000 mile intervals...

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Three months is the longest oil should be in your vehicle. Even is only 3 days pass if you put 5000 km on your vehicle the oil should still be changed because it has been used so much. (Atleast this is how I understand it)

leslie

I really liked the synthetic oil in our car, everything seemed a lot smoother, and happier if I can describe it that way.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Go synth, and keep it for three months. But change the filter every 5000 miles. The synth doesn't break down, but it does collect soot, which willl get trapped in the filter.

Justintime

Something
Professur said:
Go synth, and keep it for three months. But change the filter every 5000 miles. The synth doesn't break down, but it does collect soot, which willl get trapped in the filter.

Definetly