Your boss.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Well, I guess it happens to everyone. I got layed off. What really, really sucks is this. I was working for the best person anyone could ever ask to work for. Someone who you have nothing but respect for. Someone who you bent over backwards for. Someone who did their damndest to help you. Someone who simply gave a shit. Someone you actually busted your ass for just because he was the best person you ever worked for? God this sucks!

Well, I got an interview for another computer store up in Portland, as this is where Missy and I are headed. Things are hectic. Packing crap (you NEVER realize how much crap you have until you have to pack it up...hehe) and making arrangements for everything. Schools for the kids, mail's gotta be forwarded, services have to be disconnected, DSL has to be cut (but lucky me dosen't ahve buy a new modem. I just sign up for service up there. :) ) and all the other crap that has to be done. Hopefully this is the last one.

Anyway, I'm gonna be in and outta here after Friday when I start working for my new job. Same shit, just a different boss....

Has anyone here ever worked for anyone whos just done everything they can for you? When I needed a day off a few months ago, he didn't even ask why...he just said. "Take it..and why your at it, take a few extra days....payed". Ugh. I'm gonna miss working for someone who actually cares about you.

And now he wants Missy and I over for a BBQ to say bye with. UGH!!!!!!!!

Professur

Mushroom at large
Almost all my bosses have been like that. I just recently lost one of the best, to internal politics.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I had a boss like that. Four years I worked for this guy and I loved my job. Then two week before I'm to get married, he tells me "I have to let you go". F**K! After that I'm loyal to NO ONE!

The boss at my curent job is cool. She lets me take naps at work. If my babysitter is sick and I can't find someone to watch Jake, I can bring him to work with me. Every year I get her cottage for a week. She buys us lunch every Friday. I just wish she would help with the damn company. I have to do everything. Guess there has to be some give and take.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Hey, maybe someone here would know. My cousin wants to come to Canada to work but he can't find the correct term for what he does. In Britain, he's called a plastics engineer. He does injection and vacumm plastic molding. He has tried most of the online job agencies, but can't find anything similar. He's not looking for someone to find him a job, but if someone knows what that job title/description might be over here, he'd appreciate it greatly.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Well that was easy. Thanks.

See. I've always said it's better to know others who know the answer than to try and know it all yourself.

unclehobart

this is my special title
That is the secret of being in charge. Its not that you know everything, its that you have ability to acquire and coordinate those who do have such specialized abilities.

trinity1

1 of 3
It's so true: The one constant in all our lives is... change.

You have to be positive and look at this situation as yet another step in the advancement to the top of your expertise.

In any event ~ best wishes to you and your family, PostCode!

flavio

superfly
Staff member
My boss is a little weird. I hardly ever see him though.

Postcode - Why are you moving before you have the job?

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
I remember my first job as a pharmacy tech, the pharmacy manager that hired me quit just a couple of weeks later because of a dispute with the store manager, and the new pharmacy manager was a real cold boss, it seemed like there wasn't anything I could do to show him I could stay back there, and it didn't take long for him to get me out of there. Since then I've moved to the front of the store and I primarily work on the front register, and I've been doing that for the last 3 years. The last 3 days have been hell though, I worked all 3 at the front register during the back to school rush for supplies. :nuts: I think I earned this day off, especially considering I'm working tomorrow and Friday... :scaared:

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
My boss is a she. I love her we have a great friendship and we watch the back of each other. But company is going thru "structural changes" and we'll be gived to opposing directions :( . I don't know yet who'll be my new boss, but I'm sure will miss her :cry: .

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Missy already has a job. She's going to be making about 700 a week up there. So it's set in motion.

The guy and I had had a pretty extensive over the phone interview. Basically, he prettty much is going to hire me, it's just a little working with computers hands on type of thing. See how I actually do in person. You could ask a tech a million questions, but get him in front of a machine or two to really find out how much he knows. Anyone can read a bunch of books and remember things...experience is still the best.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. :)

jopes

Your Nightmare
sure move farther away. How the hell are we supposed to have a BBQ when you keep moving ;)

good luck you 2.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Thanks jopes. I really do wanna have that BBQ still. Perhaps we can still hook up. Just going to have to do it at a later time. Sorry bud. I wanted to meet ya and show off my BBQ skills. hehe. We will. :)