You gotta be in it to win it...

greenfreak

ATLANTA (AP) - Lottery players -- some spending hundreds of dollars, others paying with handfuls of change -- were lining up in seven states again Friday for a shot at one of the biggest jackpots in U.S. history: a $220 million Big Game prize.

The Big Game is played in Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey and Virginia.

Source: CNN Money

We got someone at work who lives in Jersey to buy us tickets. We have over $200. worth of Quik Pics. *crossing fingers*

So we got quite a few people from those states... Anyone else in it?

alex

If nobody wins tonight, me and my buddy may take a road trip to the Georgia line this weekend to get some tickets:thup:

Kruz

Staff member
Bring some fireworks with you pad... it will save me the trouble of going over there to get some this 4th of july:)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Forgot to buy a personal stash, but I'm in the office pool. I figure it's 2.4 million take-home if we hit.

alex

Kruz said:
Bring some fireworks with you pad... it will save me the trouble of going over there to get some this 4th of july:)

You can't get fireworks in Georgia:eek2:

I usually get mine in Tennessee. The state line is only bout 12 miles away. I wish they were in this lottery.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
odds-1:78,000,000

each line of each ticket never enhances those odds. the do however enhance the odds that you hold the winning ticket.

tax on stupidity

greenfreak

I decided I'm not putting any new money into it. We won about $40. in the last two games so we reinvested that into a few new quik pics. They do have other people shelling out an additional $20. for more tickets, but I'm not.

I've got my tickets, I'm going to be checking tonight! Good luck to you! :)

greenfreak

Still, the odds are thousands of times higher that the Earth will be destroyed by a meteorite than that one of Hutchinson's tickets will be a winner, according to Krantz.

:laugh: Actually, the odds of us being taken out a meteorite have been much higher lately, haven't they??

Huge, are you choosing the annuity or the cash payout? We're doing the annuity.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Why are you taking the annuity, GF? If you can't double that money in 20 years, something is seriously wrong...

greenfreak

It was a mass pool and I found out later that that was the decision that was being made. Someone told me today why we were doing it that way but I honestly don't remember what the full explination was. I guess I don't really have a choice at this point. *shrug*

Kruz

Staff member
I did everything I could to hold my ground and not buy a ticket... I FAILED!:(