XP Still??

BigDadday

Everday People
I have it loaded with my drivers but am now getting this message and don't know what it means along with both cd-roms not working?

"This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found.Reinstalling may fix this problem.

Anyone?

I am in the midst of starting all over once again and want to know what to do if it pops up again.

BigDadday

Everday People
Got it fine now am just trying to figure out why the system restore is not working? Also why my lil speaker in the taskbar isn't showing?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
From the Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 77

BigDadday

Everday People
"ERROR"

Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control Program has not been installed.To install it use the add/remove programin Control panel??

BigDadday

Everday People
Well in defense of the XP I never had a spound card installed it used the one off of the XP cd and that is all I can say about that.:(

BigDadday

Everday People
Misunderstanding what I said. I have a sound card installed a SoundBlaster Live X-Gamer and I didn't put the drivers from the cd on because when I flashed my bios to a PIII 1000MHz it did not work and I had to use one I had downloaded from the net. XP did not call for it and automatically installed them from it's cd. OK? I may just thro mine in and see what happens.:)

BigDadday

Everday People
Got it and what I needed to do was use the disk to activate a few things such as the system restore etc so all is fine just trying to get NSW 2003 to load is all.lol I'm close tho!

Inkara1

You know, I've always wondered if USB speakers would be any good. I know they exist, because the Windows 98 box says you can use those in lieu of a sound card.

chcr

I have no idea!
You know, I've always wondered if USB speakers would be any good. I know they exist, because the Windows 98 box says you can use those in lieu of a sound card.

My son has a set from Microsoft. He says they worked fine with 98 and 2000, but he doesn't have them working with XP.