Wow. UPS has a new look.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, they're still brown, but they have a new design at their website. Go to www.ups.com

It has changed within the past couple days because I've been checking up on the tracking progress of a package Posty's sending me.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yeah, they changed it Friday. Got rid of the parcel and concetrated on the shield. Sounds like typical PR bullshit to me.

greenfreak

Rusty and I were talking about this over breakfast on Saturday. I'll have to get you a link on the whole changing of the logo. They've spent so much money for very little change, it's retarded.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
:bigtard: <- UPS

I'm still pissed at them for smashing my stereo to itty bitty pieces 7 years ago when I moved out to CA (it was insured, but still...).

greenfreak

UPS today unveiled a new logo. Paul Rand's 1960 design of a string-wrapped parcel sitting above the carrier's shield is gone, replaced by a larger, sleeker emblem designed by FutureBrand in New York.

The estimated $20 million rebranding includes a television and print campaign created by The Martin Agency in Richmond, Va.

The redesign is the Atlanta company's first in 43 years and will involve changes on thousands of vehicles, more than 250 aircraft, 1,700 facilities, 70,000 drop-off and retail boxes, and more than 1 million uniforms. The entire changeover should be completed by 2009.

http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1848494

Inkara1

2009? By the time they get the last truck changed over to the new logo, they'll change the logo again.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Not after spending $20m doing the last one. Jesus... Why the hell did they go with a shield anyway? It has nothing to do with shipping, except maybe to represent shipping insurance.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
That's why I see it as so much PR bullshit. The shield was always part of their logo, but now it's the whole thing. The actual parcel is no more.