wine4all

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Try to contact me today so we can work on your ICQ problem. One thing your might try is using version 1.0.2. Another is to bypass the firewall to see if your problem is that. Let me know.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
YAY!!! wine4all, the real cavalry has arrived!! Posty really knows what he's talking about, as opposed to me just taking wild guesses :D

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Thanks guys. Sorry I wasn't around much on the 4th to accept your offer of help. But there were Libations and Celebrations going on in the "real" world so I disconnected for a while.

I did download the ICQ Java preview version tarball from ICQ but it won't load because it is looking for a Java HOME directory and executable and I must not have "Java" loaded except for what came with Nutscape.

I will get back with you later.

"Q" I did download Windoze ICQ and can revert to that if necessary but am still looking for a way to do it via Linux or do it with the Linux Chic... whichever.

Posty I tried running Windoze ICQ via Wine but even with all dll's set to "native" it could not find the internet connection.

VMware or Win4Lin here I come.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by wine4all
"Q" I did download Windoze ICQ and can revert to that if necessary but am still looking for a way to do it via Linux or do it with the Linux Chic... whichever..
You were holding out on me for that linux chick!...damn that linux chick! she prolly has a mac...and uses AOL.:lurk:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
VMWare is the greatest. Got it for both Windows and Linux here. I use it quite often under Linux. Got NT and 98 both installed on it. NT runs great. :D (have to play with a few of these smilies..hehe :laugh: :) :D :wave:

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by Q
You were holding out on me for that linux chick!...damn that linux chick! she prolly has a mac...and uses AOL.:lurk:

Hey, she can have a Trash80 running TRSDOS on 8" floppies if she wants to. As long as she sits on my lap while she does it.:retard:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
damn that linux chick....

tdo3.gif