Who's waiting for HalfLife 2?

HeXp£Øi±

bloody
You know this thread had to come sooner or later.
Just curious who's going to be playing it right away(next month) when it hits the shelves. You know i wasted a lot of time looking forward to Doom3 and i really believe that my vast expectations failed the game for me. It really wasn't what it was hyped up to be and it wasn't what i was hoping for. For this reason i have specifically kept away from HL2 spoilers and limited myself to just a few film previews. Just from these few peeks i believe this one really will be worth the wait(the strider clips blew me away). It's been years since i've played a single player shooter with any depth so i'm looking forward to it and hoping it'll suck me in.
Anyone else looking forward to this title?

Kruz

Staff member
I hope this one has the "can't wait to get home from work and play" addiction that the first one had.. I think I even used a sick day or two on HL1 :smoke:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
im hoping its better than doom3 also, but im affraid all the hype thats been building it up is gonna ruin it too. sad day when this happens because in reality doom3 was good.

HeXp£Øi±

bloody
It was good, damn good. But the mistakes i made were A: building it up into an impossibly good game and B: convincing myself that it was going to be a remake of Doom which it most certainly was not and which i logically knew it would not be. I expected a piece of living nostalgia and it just doesn't work that way. At any rate i still like Doom3. Hell i better i paid $85 for it through Amazon with overnight shipping. :smash: Some of the areas like hell are just unforgettable.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Still can't play FPS's withoutmotion sickness issues.

I guess I'll fire up Neverwinter Nights and have a beer.

HeXp£Øi±

bloody
HomeLAN said:
Still can't play FPS's withoutmotion sickness issues.

I guess I'll fire up Neverwinter Nights and have a beer.

When you release a 12 guage slug into someones face at 3 feet it's supposed to make you sick. Anyway HomeLan if you're not going to buy it then i'll send you a copy(an original of course). You must try it atleast once. Personally i believe HL2 will be on the doorstep to solving this issue. From what i've seen it doesn't give you that same spinning brain rush when turning all those corners. Don't know exactly why this is but i suspect it's in the detail.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Don't sweat it Hex, I can get a demo or borrow a CD for a weekend somewhere. If this game does get rid of the discrepancy between what my eyes see and my inner ear feels, I'll have to buy my own copy.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
I'm still on the last scene of HL1 and can't get my timing correct :(

I am looking forward to HL2 - frankly, its a 'smart' FPS...puzzles and labirynths :)

leslie

and here I was thinkin' it was just me that got dizzy playin' some of these games. Huh. Who knew?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I think I'll give it a try ass sson as I can. Played just some stages of the first and it didn't make my soul go "Wow". I still prefer Deus Ex kinda FPSs...

No Tact

Not A Newb
I am getting to the end of HL2 I think. Every time I think it is near the end there is more.

I have a 6800 Ultra and this game is beaUtiful. I am to the part where you squeeze the sack and it make the monster be your b|tches.

Homelan. The first time I set up our lan at home me and the wife played UT for a few hours. She was in the bathroom throwing up afterwards. I held her hair but laughed.

:)