Who's in charge of the European Union

War: North America VS European Union

• Americans will kick butt

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • EU will kick butt

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

law2

I was just reading some literature on engineering standards and they're starting to refer to the countries across the Atlantic as a whole by the term European Union (EU).

But who's in charge? We have Dubya in charge of USA, Canada and Mexico. Who's in charge over there? They can't be a union without a central government.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
NOBODY-that's the problem

dubya's in charge?????then what's heart attack boys job??

Gonzo

Staff member
ooooooooppppppppppppsssssssssssssssssss-hit the button ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Gonzo

Staff member
actaually, the EU is a fiscal agreement between neighboring coutries & has nothing at all to do with individual governments. since not all western European countries are included yet, it's easier to say EU to refer to the single currency trading block that to name each individually.

Mephisto

Where do you want to go today?
Not exactly true, Gonzo.
The EU also has a parliament for making (and enforcing) European law, a jurisdiction, and executive organs. We will very soon be having a common currency. There is a foreign affairs minister (Xavier Solana), and more is to come...

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by Mephisto
Not exactly true, Gonzo.
The EU also has a parliament for making (and enforcing) European law, a jurisdiction, and executive organs. We will very soon be having a common currency. There is a foreign affairs minister (Xavier Solana), and more is to come...

What is European law? Since, unlike the US, Europe has individual countries, not states, who enforces Spanish law in Belgium?
I understand, outside of making border crossings easier, the main point was a common currency in order to expedite trade.
of course, I do listen to the mainstream media & thier versions of the truth:confused: