Where would you never move to?

unclehobart

this is my special title
List the parts within your own country that you would never consider moving to. Be prepared to list reasoning later if challenged.

For me, initial thought is: Massachusetts, California, Mississippi, Iowa, Kansas.

Louisiana and Ohio are on the bubble.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Nothing east of the Mississippi? There are some nice parts of Florida ... and lets not forget good ol' 'whaddaya lookinat' New York.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I've been to New York City and had fun, I'd visit again. I've also been to a couple ski resorts upstate. I wouldn't want to live there though.

The only places in Florida that interest me are Miami and the Keys. I drove out to Key West once and could picture life with a boat, jet ski, and some scuba gear. I was the southern most person in the continental U.S. at one point :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Oh come on now flav: I'll hook you up on some good spots to go. :)

Places I never want to live in: Los Angeles
Places I would want to live in: New York, SF Bay Area, Seattle

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Wassa matta with LA? It's a hell of a lot warmer than the gay, err, Bay.

Indiana, wait-I'm in hell already, okay then, the flatland states, especially OHIO:mad: and the southern states-too slow for my tastes. OR & WA-too many eco-nuts.

That pretty much leaves the best & most beautiful part of AMerica--the SW:thup:

unclehobart

this is my special title
Southern states too slow? You obviously haven't been anywhere near Atlanta. Any car going less than 85 is a hazzard to traffic flow.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
LA sucks. I had to work a couple jobs out there. And what the hell is wrong with cold/foggy weather? Why tf do you think I wanted to move to Seattle? :)

unclehobart

this is my special title
I saw sections along the long island railroad that were scary. Jamaica-ish and closer to the city. Very dirty, very crime ridden.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Yep. Welcome to my world.

You should go to Jersey City. Journal Square is a hoot. All the nuts go there.