What should the American people do?

S

s4

That is a good question. There are more important people than I that need to make those decisions.

I was very pissed when I saw those people on the west bank celebrating.

I do not like to make a lot comments on things things like this. I stress the need for calm and prayer.

sin2

Tired of us wanting countries to turn over criminals. Tired of countries keep denying their involvement in anything. Tired of countries harboring terrorists and looking the other way.

It's happening on their own soil and they know now anything about it? A calculated effort like this takes months if not years to plan and involves thousands of people.

Financial backing can only come from a country since we all know the one's responsible does not have the cash.

What's next? A nuclear detonation on Americal soil?

No one ever gives us answers. In the end, America is alone.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Originally posted by sin2
It's happening on their own soil and they know now anything about it? A calculated effort like this takes months if not years to plan and involves thousands of people.
Don't forget all the planning was made in the US soil. The planes wasn't remote controlled. The hijackers must have been there for months and must have been acquired all the resources in the US. If you think carefully in other way, there aren't much resources needed. Only men wiiling to give their lives and a bunch of high tech firearms. Off course they must have received training in piloting planes. I don't believe any airline pilot were conducting the planes when they crashed at the WTC towers. They would had diverted from them in the last minute.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Ever noticed that the Russians were rarely victims of terrorism? Thats because they didin't negotiate.... period. They took ugly counter-vengance. They were willing to kill anything and everyone to let it be known that they wern't meant to be trifiled with. They thought nothing of sweeping up hordes of civilians and butchering them by the dozens every hour until the hostages were released. If the hostages were killed the price would be a minimum of 10-1 for every hostage killed past that.

All I can think of is that scene from the Untouchables where Connery lay dying on his floor holding Costner by the lapels groaning, 'What are you prepared to do?' In order to win this kind of fight you have to get down into the mud with your oppnent and be more ruthless than they are willing to accept. Such is the price for being on top of the heap. Everyone wants your job... you have to be willing to defend it by any means neccesary.

sin2

Ever noticed

Regardless of who's responsible, isn't it obvious that any country whether invloved or support this action will say "we're not responsible"?

That way, they can blame it on a tiny group of people and the USA can't flatten their pathetic asses. The news briefing of the Taliban spokesman was a joke. What do you expect him to say? "Oh, yea we were behind it and we got you stupid Americans good"? duh...

The fact of the matter is, we can never have FULL SUPPORT of any country in fighting terrorism. I just hope it doesn't end up like it's always been where no one is brought to justice.

Remember the bombing of embassies in Africa or the battle ship?

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Another good line from that movie,

If they put one of yours in the hospital, you put one theirs in the morgue.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
Ever noticed that the Russians were rarely victims of terrorism? Thats because they didin't negotiate.... period.
In order to win this kind of fight you have to get down into the mud with your oppnent and be more ruthless than they are willing to accept. Such is the price for being on top of the heap. Everyone wants your job... you have to be willing to defend it by any means neccesary.

Going to "legal" war over this is, unfortunately, a sound decision. Becoming the thugs is not. Notice the USSR doesn't exist anymore. I agree with the sentiment of your statement Unc, however, the Constitution & Bill of Rights CAN NEVER BE SET ASIDE. or we bocome the enemy