Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fury

Administrator
Staff member
And how come?

Me: Shooter games are my most favorite, because I don't like to have to do a lot of quick thinking while I'm in the middle of a game, and all shooter games require is that you point (preferrably at the other team, in team games :D) and shoot and evade incoming shots.

I like "God" games to an extent because it's so funny building up a thriving civilization and then tearing it down with a few rocks (Black & White). I was never able to get very far in that game for some reason that I don't know of... :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I literally went into Doom, kicking and screaming. I actually forced myself to buy a copy of Doom][ to see what all the fuss was (mind you Tie Fighter, the very successful space sim was making good #'s at the time). Fell in love with D2 and never looked back. Sims I rank 2nd and RTS/RPG 3rd.

:retard: shooters are great, but I absolutley could not live without sports games. Most of all Baseball&Football...and always EA!! Although, i am waiting for WSB2k2 for Dreamcast...last years was the worst ever...i'm hoping they fix it. :retard:

jayburner

pothead
Where's RPG.....i voted adventure thinking its closest to RPG.

I am an old skool Dungeons & Dragons geek.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I fixed it for you Jim, I never really liked the term Adventure, I can't think of a game that fits in that group even.

Me, I like the shooters now and then, but I'll always be an RTS man at heart!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Thought based games just beat the crap out of "how fast can you punch the fire button" games:cool:

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I think of Zelda as an RPG still, even though it isn't technically, by the old fashioned definition.

I hope you're aware that "'God' Games" as you put it are Simulators...

and RTS...

and with the constant blurring of generes, especially along the RPG/Adventure, and FPS/Adventure frontiers, it get's harder and harder every day

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I classify Adventure as the games of Lucas Arts: Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island. An I vote for RPG as best genre. I only recently was introduced in the style, with Baldur's Gate 2, but i loved.

HavoK

Sayian Elite
I've been playing Tie Fighter since I bought it the day it came out...I've been the right hand of the Emporer for years now but it's a battle between C&C games and Lucas Arts at my house now.

Mephisto

Where do you want to go today?
Tactical FP shooters like Deus Ex, Flashpoint, IGI.
Also 3D action adventures (Tomb Raider, Heretic 2).