Weird moire-like patterns on my new monitor

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Can't take a screenie, so I'll just try to describe it...

It's kind of like the weird, moireish pattern you see on some monitors for the first 30 minutes or so that they're turned on. Except one thing: I've had this monitor on for a few hours now :(

It doesn't distort any colors, and doesn't distort the image, it's just "there" if you know what I mean...

I need to know if this is a defect NOW because I don't know how long of a warranty I have (KDS's site says 12, 30, or 60 days depending on the product)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, it's defective :cry2:

I have to get it replaced :cry2:

And I have to send first, they won't send first unless I have a credit card. :cry2:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
At least they won't send a short neck version back as a replacement (they're out of stock of them). Dad says the fact that it has a short neck is probably why it's distorted like it is

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I just got word from a few friends on IRC that KDS's customer service is a piece of crap (saying they will send you a new monitor when what they send is a refurb, then blaming it on you that they sent you a refurb, etc etc)

Anyone else here had any dealings with KDS?

*is now officially worried*

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I've got nothing to say, you just need some kind of reply to this thread.:rolleyes:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
In all seriousness, I hope they send the monitor back in less than 3 weeks, unlike Compaq did to me where they held it for 3 weeks and had only done about 45 minutes of actual work on it (formatting the hard drive, not replacing any of the hardware on it :mad: )

fury

Administrator
Staff member
They got the monitor last friday, and should be shipping the replacement (or the repaired monitor?) out today or tomorrow. :grin:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I've got a KDS monitor myself. Odd though as mine came with a three year advanced replacment also.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
They're telling me to expect it tomorrow (today in my time) or the next day.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Got the monitor. It's a VS-190is, and it was manufactured in August 2001, so at least I know it's new :grin:

GG KDS! :D