Administrator
Staff member
Im posting from my linux box finally...
Mandrake 8 this is great. Now i just gotta do some tweaking and i'll be set
NEO

:cool:

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Cool Neo... Is that your 1.2Ghz box or something else? Give us the specs.Which browser are you using?

Hey I finally got printing to work through the SMC Barricade router via Linux. I still haven't figured out how to keep Konqueror from causing the modem to dail on local file browsing though. I want to post a little blurb about my experience but not sure what forum to post it in. Any suggestions?

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
wine4all this would be the forum for that.
My specs are:
dual 400 celerys
bp6 mother board
384 mg ram
firegl 8 mg video card
15 gig 7200 rpm hdd
mandrake 8
konqurer

S

s4

Is Mandrake 8 available on any magazine cd's? I don't want to pay $25-$30 for it. If it were on one those promo cd's, I might think about it. I saw Mandrake 7 on a Maximum Linux cd last year for about 7 or 8 bucks.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Linux Mall carries GPL versions of Linux distros on CD for about $3 plus shipping. Go to www.linuxmall.com and search on "penguin power cd", but it looks like currently they only have the 7.2 version of Mandrake which I hated :mad:. If you have a cd burner you could download the ISO images from numerous web sites. If not let me know and I will burn you a copy of the GPL version and send it to you.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
If you have a fast connection and a CDRW, you could download the ISO's yourself. Other than that, linuxmall has some good buys on power cd's like wine4all said. You could also try hitting a big name bookstore, liek Boarders, Waldons, Barnes and Nobles or another and see if they have a magazine with a CD included. I know there is a magazine, though I can't remember the name of it, that is produced in Britian. They have a CD with it every month and always have something cool included. Latest WM, latest Distro, etc...hope this helps some.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Glad to hear you got Drake up Neo. :) Liking it? Lots of new stuff to play with on Linux. hehe. What Window Manager are you using?