W00t...FINALLY

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Mrs. NEO and mediacom finally have said i can get cable modem.
Fortunately we have a friend who works for them and has stopped by and give us the lowdown. Will even set us up whenever i want it. Gotta love this.
said it usually takes a few weeks to get but since he lives right down the road from us would set it up sameday.
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! What speeds are they advertising?

Insight's numbers are 3000/128 and as of this moment I haven't had any problem, I sometimes get even more than promised... I've had it for just over 2 months now and I've only had 1 potential connection loss, which lasted maybe 5 minutes.

I think something like 3273/119 is my highest score at broadbandreports.com. Then again, your mileage may vary... after all, Insight's way up there on the fastest ISPs list :D

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
yea they seem to have some problems in iowa and illinois, damn college towns.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Aww, there there Huge...

Someone give this man a hug... *glances at LL*

I'm no good at mangayhugs so you'll have to do it for me. :D

trinity1

1 of 3
Early Congrats, Neo!
I went on the sight Fury mentioned.
Below is the results, but I am connecting from the opposite coast and at 1PM, my time.
Not bad results I guess. :)

Attachments

• speed3.jpg
    speed3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 42

trinity1

1 of 3
Damn. I made the mistake of not uploading a picture originally and when I went to edit there were no controls to upload. Then I went to delete and it said I did not have permission!!!!!!

Anyways...

I never tweaked the registry on my lastest computer.
Now-quite different results. :D I did 3 more tests after tweaking and the speed below was an average.
BTW, I cleaned out the cookies, cache, etc between all testing.

Attachments

• speed6.jpg
    speed6.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 50

unclehobart

this is my special title
Not bloody likely. Youre out in the styx at the end of a slip most likely. NYC and its burbs are fairly packed in and populous enough to warrant endless point blank high band connections.