~*~Vaio Laptop BIOS not Recognizing Newly Installed Hard Drive...HELP!!~*~

charokee

I've tried booting with my XP Pro CD from the beginning to no avail. I purchased a 50pin to 40pin IDE adapter for a desktop PC to just install XP on the drive and then try it.....of course, didn't work. I've tried getting the Flash BIOS program for PhoenixBIOS ver4.0 rel 6.0 that upgrades it to rel 6.1 or something, & the only way to run the setup is in WINDOWS damnit & it has to of course be done on the Vaio so that won't work, & the 6.0 version won't let me boot from an external drive kit so I can at least use my damn laptop while I try to figure out this problem.

I've even tried calling Sony :chaingun: .........lol yeah right......I'd have more luck asking my cat for help than them so that leads me here and just about 20 other forums pleading for help on JUST getting my damn laptop to boot its primary drive that connects on the motherboard :blank:

Specs:
Sony Vaio PCG-FX220K
PIII 800MHz 384MB RAM
PhoenixBIOS v4.0 release 6.0 (2000) (BIOS ver: R0217U0)
(Originally Windows ME *rolls eyes*) Upgraded to XPPro before drive failure
MBX-49 Motherboard
*Newly Installed IBM Travelstar 20GB 4200rpm HD
Originally Fujitsu 20GB (4200rpm? I believe)

charokee

ok 40 people have viewed this post so far and not even so much as a I don't know....

Hell, I'm even prepared for the fact that MAYBE my Primary Controller is dead...........but I would love to hear it from somebody else who maybe had the same thing happen to them so that maybe I don't think I'm going crazy because I for once can't fix or diagnose this problem effectively

Inkara1

I didn't post to say "I don't know" because I didn't see how that would help. I've never used a VAIO laptop.

Did you have any luck on this at any of the other 20 boards you said you posted this at?