The darkest day in US history

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
If it was Bin Landen he's not going to admit it. Why? I'll say to you. He expects US attacks Afeganistain or any other arab country, so then he will claim the attack "unjustified" and have a reason to unite the arab nations in a single cause.
In other hand someone remembered Tim McVeigh has promised some days before being executed that there would be retalliation. Somebody recall this?

S

s4

My personal feelings are that disbelief has turned to anger. I am very angry today about the attacks. I don't even want them to get a trial even though I think that is the only way to make sure they did it. Lethal injection is not enough. McVeigh should have gotten the electric chair or been hung from the neck.

trinity1

1 of 3
I am so happy that they are able to rescue people and despite the fact that the wreckage spreads out several NYC blocks, I hope many more survive.
This is the Human Spirit at it's best!! :)

PostCode, I am honored to know you and anyone who has spent their valuable time to serve in any of the Armed Forces to defend and serve this great nation.
In a sidenote to what you posted - the American Flag has been hanging in the front of my house for 4 years straight: 24/7. I actually have inspired 6 other houses on my block to do the same thing. It's the least you can do to show your faith in this country.
Everyone..be proud to be American!! :)

S

s4

Originally posted by Professur
Might I suggest peeling and boiling oil?

Just so that's slow and painful. How about solitary confinement after being injected with AIDS?

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I wish Canadians flew their flags as much you Americans do. I think it's great that you're so proud to show who you are.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
>>In other hand someone remembered Tim McVeigh has promised some days before being executed that there would be retalliation. Somebody recall this?<<

There are some other coincidences along that line. The most significant is that the bombing occurred 3 months to the hour (apparently) after the McVeigh execution.

There have also been numerology and astrologic references-

The flights that were Highjacked were from
United and AA, they were numbered as follows:
11, 93, 175, and 77
11 = Today's Date
9+3 = 12 = Tomorrow
1+7+5 = 13 = Thursday
7+7 = 14 = Friday
Hopefully this is a coincidence and
the terrorists can't add.
but if this is correct there will either be
acts of terrorism every day for the next few days
or a grand event the last day
this post was posted before,
but I made a few calculations myself,
11+93+175+77 = 366
3+6+6=15=saturday

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Sad Reply....

I find it a bit disturbing, bear with me y'all, I'm not pickin up stones here, but as I read some of yer comments, (I.E.: boilin in oil, etc, ) it troubled me. Don't expect folk to agree with my perspective, mind you, but how low are we willin' to stoop to see "justice" done? (boilin'?) Y'all can jus' start gatherin' yer stones fer me, a man's gotta die someway....
Don't misunderstand me, I want to see justice done to the offenders and I know this is a highly emotional topic jus' now...
Guess my heart's kinda preoccupied with mourning fer the survivers, maybe that' s cloudin' my "big-picture" perspective.
It' s jus' that I can't think of anything more precious than a human life, including so many that were lost, and the families surviving.
As y'all know, war means many innocent pay the price fer the guilty. We' ve seen so much loss already , more to come...
Guess I jus' wish we'd all not turn to barbarianism in effort to bring these crimes to justice, maybe even keep our hearts intact....
The guilty will pay, the innocent will probably be avenged.
What will it all mean in the end?
Please forgive my, potentially, repulsive show of emotion here, as some of ya may find me to be weak. (I am)
Way I see it, yer all my family here, all I got.
Guess I jus' need a hug as I contemplate this tradgedy.....

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
They just pulled out 5 firefighters alive from a SUV so that is great news. Hopefully they'll find a lot more alive under the rubble.

But 1 Liberty Plaza is buckling (which is right across Cortland Street from Chubb where I go for my tech classes) and the Amex building is weakening which is next door to the Merrill Lynch building where I work.

I agree, justice must be done, but anything short of a death penalty for these people will not suffice.

Mikelh

You don't know my people!

Deleted because participant didn't scan all other threads before posting.

Sorry!

Michael

Mikelh

Sorry Gonzo. I didn't have the time to scan all the threads.

Delete it if you wish.

Michael

Patience is a virtue Americans should practice.