The beginning...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
As promised, here is the start of the first of two dual proc AMD systems. This one is being based around the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW. It'll have one stick of 256 DDR ECC Registered RAM, an ATI 9700 128MB Video Card, two Western Digital 40GB IDE drives running striped raid, a Promise FastTrack 100 TX2 RAID Controller, Sound Blaster Audigy, 16x DVD-ROM, 49x16x48x CDRW, and WIndows XP Pro and of course a very nice aluminum case.

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 33

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
With fans. Note the two 64bit/66Mhz PCI slots. DROOL!!!

Attachments

• case_board.jpg
    case_board.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 35

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
The drive just waiting to do something really fast. :)

Attachments

• raid_drives.jpg
    raid_drives.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 31

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
drool.gif

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Ohhhhhhh baby... *fap* *fap* *fap*

Be sure to run 3dmark2k1 and UPT on that sumbitch...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
After I got the basic crap in the system I fired it up to set the BIOS up. This thing boots so damn fast I didn't hit the Delete key fast enough the first two times. More pics will be coming soon. Finish it up Monday.

We got the video editing card in for the other system. A $700 Pinnacle DV500 DVD. This card is a FULL size card. Like the old ISA cards before AT came around. It's so fucking huge. Come with Adobe Premiere 6 (time to burn), plus a slew of other crap.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
oh baby, comptech is that a kingwin case? looks like mine. That is gonna be a very sweet rig. What size PSU you gonna put in it?
I stuck a raidmax 400lighted in mine.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Were going to stick a 500W monster into this thing. The procs are 2000+ MP's. Of course, it's going to have to spend a week in the shop. You know, just to make sure it's running shop and no problems pop up. :D :D :D
Gonna run some Seti through it as well. If I can, I'll run some Sandra benchies through it and zap those here as well.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
As much as I pound my friggin head against the desk I can't remember who makes the damn case.....ARGHHHH

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
With six case fans, the two CPU fans, the chipset fan and the video card fan, this thing just might fucking take flight. :lol:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Mine only has 3 case fans instead of 6... flight, no, just airport level noise levels.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Postal, please make sure you run Unreal Performance Test... :headbang:

You can get it by downloading the UT2k3 demo at http://www.unrealtournament2003.com/ and running UT2003\System\Benchmark.exe

I really wanna know what kind of scores a top of the line system can get with a stock Radeon 9700 without Epic Games' dildo being rammed up the scores' anuses (anii?) like at big hardware review sites.