That old guy sure can play

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/2001/10/11/jordan_game_ap/]
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- In the first quarter, Michael Jordan looked terrific. In the second, he was merely average. He even passed up a chance to convert an alley-oop dunk.

"I didn't know the expectations of the fans," Jordan said after the Wizards' shootaround. "Once I got the response of everybody in terms of tickets and whatever, I felt compelled to play from that standpoint. I don't want to disappoint anybody."

[/QUOTEURL]

That guy is great!

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I dont understand why these guys think they have to come back..:confused:
They act like its expected of them to return to the game. Maybe in their own minds but not mine. He had his day now let the younger ones have theirs. :worm:

S

s4

For one thing, he's donating this years salary to charity because of the NY attacks. You might think the young guys deserve a chance, but I bet he can still get back in form and blow past the opposition. I am surprised at the negativity towards the greatest that ever played the sport. Would you have told Joe Montana that he should retire to give some rookie a chance to play? Let's face it as long as Jordan is productive, there is no reason he should have to give it up if he doesn't want to.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
He is just protecting his investment. The team that he owns part of was sucking big time, on the court and in the stands. His team got a little better with him there and the stands got a whole lot better. They sold out a intersquad game for crying out load! He saw that it worked for Mario in the NHL and thought 'I can do the same for my team'. Just my two cents. So who's next on the comeback trail? John Elway? George Brett?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Don't EVER mention Elway & comeback again, if you please!!! Oakland doesn't need the headache:D

S

s4

If Elway ever comes back expect to see a 98 yard drive in 2 minutes. :D

[just kiddin']

br0ck

Originally posted by s4
If Elway ever comes back expect to see a 98 yard drive in 2 minutes. :D

[just kiddin']

That was one of the worse days in my sporting life! Being a Cleveland Browns fan.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Well its good that he's donating his money to them, BUT its not like he didnt already have it to give if he wanted to.
Im not negative about him playing, but why go thru all this retirement crap and then decide to come back? A true love of the game would have been like Stay in it till you just cant play anymore. Like Ripken did, and Nolan Ryan.
But to put on this show "I'm gonna retire" stuff is just that. A SHOW
Actually, I dont care either way cause they are just a bunch of overpaid players anyways.

S

s4

I agree with you about the retirement comment you made. Most great players will not retire and come back. However, there are a few people that have retired to come back and win. George Foreman for example. He became champ in his early 90's.:D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
I agree with you about the retirement comment you made. Most great players will not retire and come back. However, there are a few people that have retired to come back and win. George Foreman for example. He became champ in his early 90's.:D

In his early 90's? DAMN:scared:

habaneroman

Originally posted by Fuser Man
So who's next on the comeback trail? John Elway? George Brett?

With the great season Barry Bonds had, I think Babe Ruth will plan a comeback, to reclaim his sinlge season walks and slugging % records.

What?:confused::smash:

What do ya mean Babe Ruth is dead?

:retard:

flavio

superfly
Staff member
If Jordan wants to come back then I'm happy for him. I just wish he was on a better team.