Tarantino has lost his mind

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I've enjoyed some of his stuff. I wouldn't allow my 10 year old to watch though.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN OCT 05, 2003 16:03:25 ET XXXXX

DISNEY DISTANCE AFTER TARANTINO RECOMMENDS BLOODY 'KILL BILL' TO BOYS AND GIRLS

**Exclusive**

Top WALT DISNEY CO. executives are growing increasingly uncomfortable with the shock nature of films coming from DISNEY's substudio MIRAMAX, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, just as director Quentin Tarantino recommends his new blood-gushing movie to both boys and girls!

MIRAMAX honcho Harvey Weinstein retained DISNEY chair Michael Eisner's legal nemesis Bert Fields in a symbolic gesture, foreshadowing a possible split, Los Angeles sources tell DRUDGE.

MORE

The VILLAGE VOICE last week declared MIRAMAX/DISNEY's KILL BILL "The Most Violent American Movie Ever Made," and the HOLLYWOOD REPORTER warned it "oozes, drips, flows, gushes, splatters... scalps, limbs and heads are freely removed from characters' bodies."

If you are a "girl or boy you must go and see KILL BILL and you will have a damn good time... boys will have a great time, girls will have a dose of girl power," Tarantino said this weekend in London.

When pressed about his KILL BILL recommendation for "girls and boys," Tarantino explained the film would be okay for kids starting at 12-years old.

"If you are a cool parent out there go take your kids to the movie," he told a reporter.

A top DISNEY source reveals chairman Michael Eisner has become concerned MIRAMAX is pushing the envelope too far with KILL BILL.

"Look, the movie is ultimately a WALT DISNEY concern, we've moved so far away from PINOCCHIO and BAMBI," a top DISNEY source said from Burbank. "[KILL BILL] has led to a deep reassesment of the situation and relationship [with MIRAMAX]."

Developing...

Squiggy

I think he misunderstood why the gore/brutality worked so well in Reservoire Dogs...He seems to think its the only thing an audience requires....He has brilliant moments, but I wouldn't call myself a fan of his stuff.....

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
i have a tremendous amount of respect for him as both a director and actor although squiggs got it on the head. he thinks gore is all the audience wants. although he does make some good statements in certain movies