Talk about hardware!!

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I met, in person, the UPS, of the century. It's taller than me (I'm 5'6") prolly 4 ft wide. It's only job is to run a 25 million dollar house till the generator kicks in.....18 seconds.
The "Brain" of this house is sooooo cool. They got cat6. They can run the house from the laptop from the lear.
I do 1 to 5 million dollar houses on a regular basis. This one amazes ME.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Ok, ok, I got a few. It's still under construction (and has been for over 2 years now) so it's hard to see alot of stuff. They are quite anal about covering things up (to protect them)
This house is 22,000 sf. An average upper-middle class house is about 2-3000.
The media room is incredible. Those guys were testing some stuff one day and they put in an Eric Clapton cd. It was loud enough to hear through the whole house (only the speakers in the media room are hooked up at this point) but there was no distortion...I mean ZERO. It was so clear, I thought Eric was actually there. I went snooping around in there to make sure.
There is a piece of stained glass that cuts through the middle of the house (all 3 floors) so it's about 30 feet tall and about 8 feet wide. I think it cost just under $200,000. The first time it got there, it arrived broken:scared: So it went back and got replaced. Now they say it has some kind of flaw. I don't know if it needs to be replaced again or they can try to fix it somehow.
I'll shoot down there today and grab some more pics and try to get them posted by tonight.

greenfreak

When I lived in Florida, I was seeing this guy who was an electrician and he took me to some of the mansions he worked on. It just amazed me, the exquisite details that go into those houses. One thing that they all had in common though were lots and lots of huge windows and strangely shaped pool in the back. One of them had a pool that was half inside the house and half outside.

I want a house like that. :( ;)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I flew out the door without the camera today. I'll try to post some of the ones I got right now shortly. In the meantime heres a link to their site. The pics on the website are pretty old though:( http://www.3105gmd.com/

greenfreak

OMG that's huge. That looks like a condo complex, not a house! Is the stained glass going to be in the big middle windows?? I guess these people have alot of cars too-if I'm not mistaken, there are quite a few doors for the garage...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
at least their not at anal as Spielberg. I worked for an art relocation company in LA & we went to MR ET's 50,000 sf abode. We were required to sign a waiver that we would discuss nothing that went on in the house & there were absolutely no recording devices allowed. Of course, there was plenty of paparazzi around asking questions.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I've been looking for the USB cable for the camera for 2 days.:sobs:...I know it's here :cry2:

alex

Oh great, thanks Q, I was feeling all proud and accomplished cause I painted my living room and got new carpet and a new entertainment center........now I want a house like that :p :cry:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Don't feel bad pad. Even if all of us here threw in every dime we have, we couldn't afford to build a house like that.

I'm sure if your living room came out as nice as the pics I saw of your office, it looks just beautiful!:thup:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, i love to look at homes like that. BUT i know ill never have it so im content with what i have. :)