Surfing in redhat 7.3

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
This is pretty nice, running redhat, openoffice, and konqueror right now. Going to get opera for linux next. its a pretty quick system too duron 700 with 128 mb ram. this should be fun...:D

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
OK so i have a system that is totally MS free. I even got quicktime trailers running on it. I also got quake3 to run but i need to work on the video more. Its a little choppy. I also installed trillian and it works . Now for some more goodies.
The only complaint i have so far is that there is soooo much tinkering to get proggies to run.

dnar

Psycho Penguin
You really want to take a look at Galeon. The best darn browser on the web.... (Requires Mozilla to be installed as it uses the same render engine). Forget Opera, it sux in comparison....

Mozilla link

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Im downloading it now. I have mozilla already so i should be all set
Thanks.:)

dnar

Psycho Penguin
Cool. If your downloading 1.2.5 make sure you have Mozilla 1.0!!!!

Shout if you need help getting Flash and Java running.... I know many people have trouble with these, I can help.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
thanks dnar.. appreciate it. Hey you know if there are any installs for UT and jedi knight? hell even RTCW wouldbe cool.

dnar

Psycho Penguin
Neo said:
Hey you know if there are any installs for UT and jedi knight? hell even RTCW wouldbe cool.
Come again? Whats UT, jedi knight and RTCW? (I must be dumb) :rolleyes:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Now, if I could get gphoto to actually see my camera, life would be good...that and actually hace the ability to burn CD's in KDE. Have to use GToaster for now. blahhh

Diffie

BSD/Linux freak
UT and RTCW have native ports :) so there should be no problem getting them to run...Jedi on the other hand can be run thru WINE or better yet WINEX from transgaming.com.

PostCode, what camera are you trying to use with gphoto? If it's supported under gphoto then it should work,perhaps try the latest version of the program?

Personally i use Exclipt eroaster for my burning needs but cdrecord it's fine as well and fast on cmd line :D .

Now if bioware had that damn NWN client i would be happy :P

dnar

Psycho Penguin
Diffie - Are you and Postcode hanging on any Linux forums these days? I miss the old Linux forum...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Were probably going to give it another try using a subdomain through bioscentral.

http://linux.bioscentral.com

Right now, there isn't anything there. Probably use the boards that come with the site, XMB I think. Anyway, were just starting now. The idea is new so we haven't done anything with it yet.

dnar

Psycho Penguin
PostCode said:
Were probably going to give it another try using a subdomain through bioscentral.

http://linux.bioscentral.com

Right now, there isn't anything there. Probably use the boards that come with the site, XMB I think. Anyway, were just starting now. The idea is new so we haven't done anything with it yet.
Thanx, I'll see you at Bioscentral! (missed you guys!)

Diffie

BSD/Linux freak
Neo said:
diffie where can i get the ports at? i would love that...

Mr.Neo, direct d/l links: RTCW and UT.

To install these have the game cd's ready and do chmod u+x filename or chmod 0755 filename then do sh filename to run it.Hope this helps and have fun fraggin' :D

Diffie

BSD/Linux freak
dnar said:
Thanx, I'll see you at Bioscentral! (missed you guys!)

Hello dnar, it's been a while...hope all is OK.
We missed you too! Hope to see you on linux.bioscentral.com soon (when PostCode and i put some content there...).

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Diffie, appreciate the links and im sure i will have some fun.