Soyo K7VTA-Pro

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I love the speed. Had to back it down to regulation speed for awhile because I could not take the noise from the FFB0812SHE fan (68.5 CFM @ 48.5 dBA). It's now quiet as a mouse & 15F hotter. I love it even at stock speed

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Quite a bump over your old system, huh! I know what you mean by the fan noise, I run Delta's on all of my personal rigs. They scream at 7000rpm and around 43db or more.......:retard: Drives ya nuts after a while!

Shoot, you could leave it at 1.4 and not really need much more power.....

My XP1700+ will run at 2000+ speeds, but why do it? My modem takes a dump over 150FSB so I'm limited by it, so I've been thinking of backing things down to "normal", but then I probably couldn't live with myself!!!

Congrats dude, sounds like a nice rig!:beerchug:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you have a temperature controlled fan, why NOT do it?

If the fan always runs at the same rotational speed and you can have it overclocked fairly decently without much voltage increase, why go back to the original speed?

I could understand if the fan was temp controlled like Gonz's, and it quiets down when it's cooler, but other than that, there's really no other reason to keep it at stock speed, unless you're an energy saving freak and you're the kind that actually lets his system suspend/turn off :eek:

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Yeah Fury, that's the way I think! That is why she sits here at 150FSB!!! To bad the modem craps at 153+FSB, I'd go higher.....:(

I can't let a machine stay at stock speed, I just can't!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
upped it a little more, lowered the voltage to 1.70 & it's actually running cooler than at 14xx, whatever it was

Attachments

• 1.54 sisandra.jpg
    1.54 sisandra.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 11