Soyo K7VTA-Pro

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I'm considering upgrading to this mobo & a AMD 950-1.2. Has anybody heard of any problems with it? Until I build my real speedster, this in good because it uses DIMMs, which I have plenty.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Go for it. Just make sure, when you get a CPU for it, that the processor is a 200FSB processor, since, I'm guessing, most of the DIMMs you have are PC100 since your current computer is a K6-2 (not trying to rub it in or anything ;) ;))

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Decent. Get a 266fsb 1.2 or 1.4 gig T-bird then. They're pretty cheap now :eek:

Gonzo

Staff member
Ordered this & a 1.4 Athlon to go along for the ride. Also got a Thermalright AX7 heatsink & an Delta fan, plus the 330w that AMDnut suggested...time to pick up the pace

danleff

Hello;

I have had this board for about 4 months now. Flawless!

I just go the bios upgrade and an Athlon XP 1700 and it runs wonderfully with pC133 Crucial memory.

As you can tell, I love this board.

Thank you wifie!

Gonzo

Staff member
thanks danleff. I've read nothing bad about this board so I'll be the first screwer upper on the net. Now, if I can just get the 1.4 to 1.7

danleff

Yep, I've thrown everything at this board, including an upgraded processor and bios flash, as well as installing WIN ME, Debian , RedHat and Libranet on a triple boot. It never complains! Of course, I'm not an overclocker!

Again, I'm not a gamer, so the onboard sound has been decent, but not perfect. And if you like Linux, It's certified.

Good luck with the board!

For $125, the XP processor was had, which, with the bios upgrade and proper jumper settings, took less than 30 minutes to install, and it was up and running.

systembuilder

Folding@home
hay gonzo

dude have a look at ...

Socket A for AMD® Athlon™ / Duron™ / Athlon™ XP 600MHz ~ 2000+MHz
• 184-pin DDR200/266/333 DDR-DIMM x3, maximum 3GB
• AGP x1, CNR x1, PCI x5
• Integrated Realtek® ALC650 Chipset (6-channel S/W audio)
• ATA133 IDE RAID 0 or 1, On-board USB 2.0
• ATX Form Factor : 30.4cm x 23.5cm
MSI KT3 Ultra -- DDR333's New Weapon

http://www.msi.com.tw/products/mainboard/main_list.htm

systembuilder

Folding@home
I know its a ddr mobo., but if you have to start from the ground
and work your way up., way not

JUST GO ALL THE WAY

any way ddr is still as priced the same sdram

Gonzo

Staff member
I have 384MB of sdram, so until I'm in need of ddr, I'm gonna use it. I agree that's the way to go, but for now, I'm happy with the increase in speed. BTW, what is CNR?

WOOOOOHHOOOOOO!!! with 1440MhZ!!!!

Gonzo

Staff member
updated

Attachments

• sisandra 2 (custom) (2).gif
    sisandra 2 (custom) (2).gif
    113.2 KB · Views: 22

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Are you just trying to make me feel bad? I see you put my cpu right under yours...:( I guess its time to crank up the juice on this baby