So sue me...

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I *finally* installed win2k on my lappy; anyone have any tips I should be aware of, especially admin tips?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I always do that in NT4 so I did that for 2k as well...triple booting 98se/NT4/2k and will probably throw in a flavor of Linux as well...

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Don't make your own logon an admin - this slows the system down. Run yourself as a power-user instead.

Turn off the fading as this slows it down as well.

Also go into the Control Panel & change your keyboard layout language to French.. gives you a whole lot of cool characters with having to use the ALT+ shortcuts.. ;) :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by a13antichrist
Also go into the Control Panel & change your keyboard layout language to French..
Oh that's a good idea, then he only needs to take a French class for one or two years so he can change it back. :lurk:

Dry Throat

good advice on this...because if uou loose the password you have to re install windows again after a format C

erm i have a tripple boot aswell, 2K, 2K(to mess with) and XP:D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Damn you, A13!!!!

...sacre blue (or how ever the **** it's spelled...) :)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I know I know! a13! why don't you just tell him to disable his keyboard entirely and he can mind-meld with his lappy. :D

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Wèll ïf hê dísåblëd ît, hé wöùldn't bë ãblê tõ üsé áll thê prèttÿ çhårâçtêrs nôw, wòúld hë... :D