Slapping or No Hits

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I was just at Foxsports.com and they had a poll.

Which would you want to see most at a baseball game?

4 home run game
Triple play
Perfect game
Cycle
Bench-clearing brawl

What shocked me was Bench-clearing brawl came second with 36.6% after Perfect game at 41%.

That's just sad. Baseball players fight like girls. If you want to see a fight go to a hockey game.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Perfect games are cool-but booooooooooorrring. I'd like to see a triple play(unassisted)-that would be an experience :cool:

p.s.-hockeys is for ignorant neanderthals that can't hit a round ball with a round bat. goofy canucks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Real play hockey. Broken toe, no problem, busted jaw, no problem, we'll still play. A baseball player gets an ingrown toenail and they're on the DL for 15 days. pussies!

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by Fuser Man
Real play hockey. Broken toe, no problem, busted jaw, no problem, we'll still play. A baseball player gets an ingrown toenail and they're on the DL for 15 days. pussies!

Yea, so.... ;)

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
I agree, you want fighting, go to a hockey game. It's even better than a boxing match! :D I've seen an unassisted triple play while umpiring Little League, it really caught me off guard. "Out, Out, uh, Out!" :eek2: That's what I was like when the 2nd baseman caught the line drive, tagged the runner from 1st to second and then stepped on 2nd base before that runner got back to tag up. That was just awesome, I'll never forget that. I've never seen a perfect game or a 4 homer game, but I have seen cycles and bench clearing brawls, so I'd pick a perfect game then a 4 homer game. It'd be boring until the last few innings but then it'll get very dramatic.

unclehobart

this is my special title
I've seen all 5 in my lifetime and the one that gave me the most joy was when Bob Horner hit 4 homers in a single game on July 6, 1986. He had 5 at bats and an error... but I can overlook that considering he had 6 RBIs on the day... even though they lost that game to Montreal 11-8.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
The Jays got robbed of a triple play in the WS vs. the Braves in '92. Damn ump! :mad:

the catch that Devon White was AMAZING!

br0ck

I'd like to see Pedro Martinez go up and throw a 96 MPH fast ball at all the Canadian Hockey weenies. ;) :D ;)

unclehobart

this is my special title
Pitchers get 95 mph without the aid of a big ol long stick. I'd be impressed if they could get that puck up over 100 mph with their bare hands.

Gonzo

Staff member
Next on Xibasesports a once in a lifetime event, sponsored by Xibase Global Connection-"Where the World Gathers" and Budweiser (because we sponsor anything): and Presented by Thriller Promotions and Pavillion, a XIbase Company

It's the

Montreal Canandiens vs the San Diego Padres in the worlds firstand hopefully last Basebrawl Hockey Night. 6 innings of NL baseball, then, we'll switch IMMEDIATELY to 2 periods of hockey. Each team must use thier native sports hardware for the enteire game....

there you two. have at it :whip: :scared:

unclehobart

this is my special title
If you want a sporting brawl based upon teams I'll take the NZ All Blacks rugby team. A larger bunch of psycho never were born. They know not the meaning of pain.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
McInnis may be old but he still has one whicked shot.

Hey Gonzo, I'd love to see that game. I'd even cheer for the Padres. Anytime the Montreal Canadians lose is good in my books.