SETI is down

iwajabitw

Guess the servers are not giving any units out. All of mine say no work to process. Server status page says everything is fine. Don't know what is going on.

iwajabitw

After researching I am getting the "communication deferred" when I try to update. Read a bit and since I have 10 systems trying to get work at once, ATT internet was down for 2 days. I hope the server isn't thinking my IP is trying to spam it.

iwajabitw

Have spent the last 24hrs aborting GPU units that are getting stuck at different %. Not sure why, basicly flushed out all of my gpu units and got fresh ones. so far so good. Trying to figure out why my RAC dropped by almost 2500. Think that may be it.

iwajabitw

Shit! looing over my errors in SETI for this GPU I found 2 that crunched for, get this

230,000 Seconds!!!

That's
3,833,33- minutes
64.722- hours
2.696-days

No wonder the big set back. I even added another system during the last few weeks, and soon as I grab a cheap SATA HDD I will have another Core 2 Duo crunching.

I was able to find some folks with similar problems, and it seems windows 8 has a time delay setting I had to add in REGEDIT that helps prevent a graphics driver crash. Not a BOINC problem, but a Win problem that shuts the driver down if it doesn't respond in time.

We'll keep a close eye on this.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
MW may not be around much longer; just held a fundraiser to keep itself afloat for another year...

iwajabitw

Which do you think would be a good alternative, I like space more than genome type stuff. Really have not looked over the Boinc project list in depth.

iwajabitw

Got everything set up for MilkyWay, joined the PF team...most of my systems are gonna run out today, even though I always set up for 7 days work, only a few actually download more than a day.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Well I'm down for the count until I can get my desktop running again :(

iwajabitw

Chugging out on MW@Home when I couldn't find one of my systems. Guess I was typing so fast I used an old email address and low and behold I have a MW account from 2010. Cant find a way to merge them so I just put the old account on the team, but changed that computer to my new account. I don't even remember crunching MW in 2010:shrug: