Satellite images show London is sinking

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.nzherald.co.nz/latestnewsstory.cfm?storyID=1191241&thesection=news&thesubsection=world]LONDON - Satellite images show parts of central London are sinking by up to five millimetres a year, experts say. [/QUOTEURL]

I wonder if it continues for a few years what the effect it will have? Is it possible the island will eventally sink? I know 5 mm is not much, but what if millimeters turn into meters?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It probably won't happen for a very very long time, so long that most of us won't even be here to see it if it ever does happen. Actually by that time some genius might've come up with a solution anyway.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Florida's going in the drink too. But something tells me I'll have a shitload of karma by the time that happens. :D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
that's similar to the Cali situation. In about 50000 years, Los Angeles with be North of San Francisco

Professur

Mushroom at large
s4 said:

I wonder if it continues for a few years what the effect it will have? Is it possible the island will eventally sink? I know 5 mm is not much, but what if millimeters turn into meters?

When did London become an island?

unclehobart

this is my special title
Re: Re: Satellite images show London is sinking

Professur said:
s4 said:

When did London become an island?
I think London became an island in the mid 60s when the stuck up mod sect took over the west end.