Sanctions would ruin Windows

I don't really get it. Maybe I'm thinking too simple, but:

- Do NOT remove IE completely from Windows
- Do install it by standard, but make a de-install option. Or make it optional from the beginning.

Removing Windows from the market would be a action too childish for words.
Like they're gonna do that, and lose so much profit. Like we're gonna buy that.

One positive thing would be: a halt of the distribution of XP.
Microsoft is really loosing their glamour. This isn't a good development :(

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
And they wonder why so many people are starting to use Linux. It's because we install what we want, when we want. Not the other way around...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
PostIluvLinuxCode said:
we install what we want, when we want.

Nah. That's why I dumped the silly sumbitch, I couldn't install anything, even when I wanted:D

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
They couldn't make IE an option because windows explorer and IE are the exact same program.

I don't see the big deal though! It's not like they've made it so no other browsers can be installed! Windows comes with what it comes with and then you can install practically any other browser you want. I think that the American public just likes to complain.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Explorer can run without the MS HTML engine. 98lite proved that.

What if people don't want a browser on their system at all? Pretty much unless they use 98lite combined with one of the Windows' from the 9x kernel, they're shit out of luck.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
98lite either works great or doesn't work at all. Kind of a hit and miss thing; if it works, you're gonna have a snappy OS that's light on memory and on CPU usage. If it doesn't, format and try again. :lol:

Personally, I've had more success than failure when using 98lite either on a 98 or 98se system.

For some strange reason win98SE never lasted any longer than 3 hrs on my system....nothing but errors.
Installed it 4 times, but ran shit out of luck.

WinME where everyone was complaining about worked perfectely...

Win2k was fubared for some reason after the first time I installed it. But after that it worked perfectely...I still use it now.

XP never lasted longer than 2 hrs on my system. Nothing but errors, and a gigantic resource-hog. It totally sucked on my system.

S

s4

Ah ha! There is someone else out there that likes Win Me. Everybody tells me I'm the only one.:D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I'm glad I never had a chance to fool with ME; I went from 98se to 2k

S

s4

I wonder if it would be so bad if Windows was pulled from the market? If Windows XP is the future of Windows, I really don't care if another version ever comes out again.