Raiders Clinch AFC West

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The Raiders (10-3) became the first team to earn a playoff spot. The Chargers (5-9) lost their seventh straight game and were booed in their own stadium by a sellout crowd that was probably 50 percent Raiders fans

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
*ahem* How about Da Bears? All we're missing from being a great team is a good QB. A better pass rush would be nice too, but the defense is fine. The offense needs to learn how to score against good teams, though. Oh well, their toughest game left is against Washington. :rolleyes: If they had won 6 games this year, I'd be ecstatic, so this is absolutely incredible!

BTW, I do like the Raiders, but they're not gonna beat Pittsburgh unless they learn how to stop ANY running game, let alone the Bus.

S

s4

The game for the Bears to be concerned about is against Detroit. You might laugh, but Detroit is not as bad as the standings indicate.

I think the Bears are going to have to win at least 2 of their next 3 games to go into the playoffs with any kind of chance of winning. If they play inspired football like they did on Sunday, they might have a chance of winning a couple of playoff games depending on whether they face Green Bay again. I think GB will win if they meet up in the playoffs.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Remember that flick that used to appear on SNL with Da Bears fans? That is so funny. They're so blindly dedicated to Da Bears that they think one player could beat an entire football team :D

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Well, I'd say we've probably had the closest player like that in NFL history: Dick Butkus.

I should've been a comedian, I would've been great at that skit without any effort whatsoever...