Question about Genome

Wetling

Better Than You
I'm run two Genome windows and occasionally one of them will close. If I restart the closed window, it will continue processing right where it left off so I know that it is not a corrupt gene. So why the hell does the window close?

I'm running v.93

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Couple initial questions:

1) How high is your CPU clocked, and
2) What are the exact conditions of the close? Does it just disappear completely without warning? Or does it give you a blue screen, illegal operation, etc?

I've experienced this kind of thing when my CPU was overclocked too high, where the window would just simply disappear without warning, and I could start it back up no problem.

oh,

3) What kind of cooling do you have?

Wetling

Better Than You
1. It is a 1.33@1462
2. The box just disappears. I never see it happen, I guess I'm just looking away at the time
3. PAL6035 w/ 80mm fan.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot another question: What voltage?

If you are already at the max CPU voltage and have an I/O voltage of about 3.6-3.7 or more, you may unfortunately have to reduce your clock speed a bit to produce maximum stability. Otherwise, try raising CPU voltage and I/O voltage.

Too low of a voltage makes for an unhappy genome.

With the kind of cooling you have on it, I don't think it will be much of a worry to crank the CPU voltage if you have not done so already.

Wetling

Better Than You
Last time I tried uping the voltage my digital doc wouldn't stop beeping about it. That's why I'm only at 1462

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I know it hurts, but try a lower speed like 1400 or so.

It sounds like your system is just barely unstable enough not to like genome occasionally