Putting the motive in automotive

Inkara1

I asked about VW because they're owned by the same company as Audi. So it would be like the dad of a friend in high school who swore he would never buy another Ford after their Aerostar caught fire. He then bought a Mercury Sable.

ImRaptor

BWhahhahahaha.
Amazing at how people don't see the similarity between the vehicles let alone don't know that they are the same vehicle esentially.

Inkara1

...although the Taurus/Sable had a different ignition switch than everything else Ford put out, so they weren't so likely to catch fire.

Gato_Solo

Inkara1 said:
I asked about VW because they're owned by the same company as Audi.

So was Porsche until the late 1980's/early 1990's. I don't see anybody kncking the 911 turbo. :shrug: Some Porsche parts fit my Audi, too. :D

Professur

Mushroom at large
I don't know if anyone else is a fan, but Spike TV (formerly TNN) had (has) a show called Trucks on the weekends hosted by a gearhead named Stacey David. Said gearhead struck out on his own, wanting to expand his show outside of the production company's parameters.

Well, he got his show, called Gearz, showing on ESPN2. The first show, he was doing rust repair on Ted Nugent's Bronco. The second, working on an 8-wheeled atv ... and last week, shoehorning a Mustang engine into .... a Miata.

Might be worth a looksee if you get ESPN2.

Gato_Solo

I don't know if anyone else is a fan, but Spike TV (formerly TNN) had (has) a show called Trucks on the weekends hosted by a gearhead named Stacey David. Said gearhead struck out on his own, wanting to expand his show outside of the production company's parameters.

Well, he got his show, called Gearz, showing on ESPN2. The first show, he was doing rust repair on Ted Nugent's Bronco. The second, working on an 8-wheeled atv ... and last week, shoehorning a Mustang engine into .... a Miata.

Might be worth a looksee if you get ESPN2.

Since Mazda is 45% owned by Ford, and the 5.0L was actually fitted into a Miata in the early 90's, I don't see a problem with that...:)

iwajabitw

Have always been a fan of the Chevy 327. We had a 65 Impala SS that my dad had built out. 300 Crane fireball cam, Muncie 3speed, Blue Walker Swinger Header exhausts that dumped out middle way down the doors. Some intake with I remember a Quadro Jet on it. It was so freaking loud you could here him before he got home. Very fast for its day and size also. This was in '83 and I was 10 so what I remembered may be different than how it really was. I worked on 286,289,302,305,307,327,350,396,454,455 when growing up between my dad, uncle and a few friends. They always had hot rods when I was little. Wish we still had the '59 Chevy step side, with a 327. It wasnt built out for speed, just that classic car look. Wooden bed boards, and we searched for months in junk yards to find the rear bedside that did not have a spare tire cut out on it. This way both sides matched. I have 1 old picture of it I'm gonna pit on here when I get home. It was '81 Corvette red, white trim and white wagon wheel rims. Dunlop GT Qualifier tires, cause well, he worked and retired from Dunlop before they were sold to Goodyear.