Probably a dumb question....but

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Mt T-bird is finally functional! I called @home to get a 2nd IP address for it and all they said to do was assign it the same number as this computer, except put a "c" on the end (this one is "a"). Now, hopefully I'm also going to be adding a 3rd computer to the network as well, but I don't need that one to have internet access. If I were to assign that computer "b" I would be charged for a 3rd IP. How do I get the network to recognize the 3rd computer so I can transfer files (genes :D) without adding a 3rd IP? Just give it the same number, with out the letter? ...or could I I assign it "a" or "c" the same as one of the other ones?

Oh, and a more informative post will be forthcoming, but the T-birds entire existance is due to the expert knowledge and extreme patience of fury and Jopey. :love:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I don't have the absolute answer, but I have wondered this myself. What I think you can do is get a hub, or maybe a router. Then THAT will be the hookup device, feeding to each & all the other computers. Plus , it'll act like a firewall.