Printer problem

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Good Idea!!!:cool: I was hoping if I was real sneaky and did it real fast he wouldn't know I was probing his ink carriage. :D

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I am Fuser Man, which means I don't know jack about ink printers. :confused: Since the ink did not work, I have no idea what to do next. Go here and see if this helps.

Sorry I couldn't be your hero today.:(

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
You can still be my hero Fuser.:love: This thing is just possessed. If the real CD drivers don't work...looks like it might be time to GO SHOPPING!!!!:D

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
This sounds stupid, but I've seen it work before. Get into your BIOS (hit delete as the computer boots). In the Onboard Peripherals section, look at the settings for your onboard parallel port. If it's SPP, change it to ECP/EPP. Save settings and exit. Try again.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't heard anything from the person since the original post, so I can't try any of the ideas posted here :(

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Well don't do what I told Q to do, because you'll get a different set of instructions for the Lexmark printer. I could also e-mail you the service manual if needed.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I hate inkjets. No freaking servicable parts. And worse yet, I have to freaking send them to freaking TO to get them fixed.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Originally posted by Fuser Man
I am Fuser Man, which means I don't know jack about ink printers. :confused:

Why exactly would I be sending them to you again? Besides, I'm sending them directly to the HP central depot. We don't touch out of warranty inkjets. Even then, we only send the ones from our big customers. Most times, we tell people that they had to deal directly with HP themselves.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I wouldn't be working on them myself. I've got grunts to do the work on crappy ink printers. :D

I hate ink printers. Too many small dinky parts.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I solved my printer problem! I bought a cheeeeep-o Lexmark. Fifty bucks. Works just great. :D

K

krusty

lol @ Q, now the other printer will sit in the corner nagging you to fix it ...."fix meeee", "fix meeee".

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
No, I hid him in the closet, so I can't hear his incsessant whining. He pissed me off. Know anybody I don't like that needs a priinter?

Professur

Mushroom at large
Originally posted by Q
I solved my printer problem! I bought a cheeeeep-o Lexmark. Fifty bucks. Works just great. :D

Christ, that's less than the price of one of the two cartridges mine takes. A full refill costs me $120.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by Professur
Christ, that's less than the price of one of the two cartridges mine takes. A full refill costs me $120.
No shit!...at that price it's practically disposible.

Fuser, it's a Lexmark Z-22. It's the exact same model as the one that came with my compaq..which has worked fine for a year and a half. It only came with a colored ink cartridge, but if I remember correctly, the last time I bought ink, that was about $42.00.