Popcorn

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed that the majority (if not all) of my 5 roommates (all female) eat popcorn often (I eat popcorn ALL the time too I lOVE it). Yet, most guys I know do not really like popcorn. I wonder why that is.....

Anyone have any ideas?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I have limitations on it but hot, buttered, salty popcorn is good stuff (not thet microwave crap, though that doesn't completely suck.)

Spot

maybe because for a lot of guys, opening a package, placing it in the microwave, pushing a few buttons and waiting is too involved a process....:grin:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
We have one of those one touch popcorn buttons on our microwave. My 7 yr old brother is the only one with the patience to bother pressing it nowadays.

Spot

:laugh: :laugh:

i have to press the popcorn button up to 3 times, depending on the size of the bag. thats just too much commitment for a snack...
:laugh:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
On the microwave here at school we have a popcorn button.

You just push it and it starts by itself and everything and one time around is ALWAYS enough!

WHOO HOO!:smash:

leslie

I have an old black pot that I make it in, the old fashioned way (almost), with oil over a hot stove element.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

leslie

oh, it's soooooooooo much better than the nuked stuff though, way worth it!! At least it's not over a fire, though I've done that too :D

am I barefoot in the kitchen slaving over that stove? :p :d

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh, a hot and sweaty Leslie...

Damnit, and I've run all out of cold water for the shower. :eek: