poll. How did you get your Operating System?

How did you get your Operating System?

• It came with my computer

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I purchased it

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Umm... I plead the 5th

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
We bought Win95 when it came out, and Win 3.00 as well, an di buy games if I like them and want to play online.

The 5th? Ammendment I assume? I'm not american, fill me in please?

Crazy eh? $130 for one desktop, no software and it's own auto-restart feature (or is that a screen 'saver'? read: bsod). Insane, that's what it is!

Kruz

Staff member
Originally posted by brainsoft
We bought Win95 when it came out, and Win 3.00 as well, an di buy games if I like them and want to play online.

The 5th? Ammendment I assume? I'm not american, fill me in please?

Crazy eh? $130 for one desktop, no software and it's own auto-restart feature (or is that a screen 'saver'? read: bsod). Insane, that's what it is!

The 5th Amendment In a nut shell is... "I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me":D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Look on the bright side-with XP you only need to rent it until you upgrade:rolleyes:

ris

i am my my own evil twin
i, umm, err acquired most of my software.

disturbingly my copy of win2k is legal !
it turns out the my work have a campus-wide licencse for it and anyone working for UWC is entitled to a copy.

so back to normal when i leave then!

S

s4

Actually, I have purchased several including Win Me and Mandrake. The evaluation version of Xp looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the bucks on the home version when it comes out. I've been using Mandrake 8 a little and find it pretty interesting.

BigDadday

Everday People
I think we all are intitled to "try" anything out before "deciding" if we want to buy the product and who cares if it takes some longer than others to make up their minds.:D 5th

V

VictorP

Through years of meticulous practice of applying various language phrases and tongues [dialogs] on my lady friends. :smash:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by BigDadday
I think we all are intitled to "try" anything out before "deciding" if we want to buy the product and who cares if it takes some longer than others to make up their minds.:D 5th

What he said.

redrum666

98win was in mine when I bought it,Then $icrosoft took the rest of my pocket change for 98SE.I know I know, call me stupid but I nothhhhhhhing :D