pocket think tank

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Theoretically, the idea of evil was created in the early beginnings of mankind to give people something to think about, fear if you will, because back in those days, there were no computers, TV's, newspapers, phones, game boards, playing cards, just a bunch of caves, grass, food, water, and possibly some buildings constructed out of wood or rock. Maybe it was used as a tool to use to scare troublesome children into behaving. Perhaps it was also used as propoganda for monks in early times to raise their own dignity, as once word got out of this "evil", people would think they have a reason to listen to the monks more.

There are many possiblities of the purpose of evil, but I have listed the main things that I think could be the purpose.

Potentially, the concept of evil may also have been a master plan of world domination concocted by Jesus. Seeing as how Jesus was seen as the savior, healer, etc. in those times, the fact that there may be an evil presence in the vicinity could have scared some people.

Like I said, however, there are many possibilities.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
To balance out good. There has to be a baseline, some above, some below & most walking the line.