Playing games while in school - ports blocked

Hey all,

I am trying to help a friend out. This friend is in college right now and last semester was able to play games (like Warcraft, Counter-Strike...etc.) while on the school network.

Some people ruined it for others. While playing these games doesn't take up a huge amount of bandwidth, downloading stuff from WinMX and Kazaa does. The school IS dept has blocked all ports above 1024 because of the people downloading LARGE items from Kazaaa mainly.

Is there a way to funnel games like Counter-Strike which use ports 27010-27016 out on a lower port. I've tried setting up CS to use like port 53 which is open on his schools end, but that don't work.

I totally understand where the school is coming from, but come on...this kid lives in a dorm at school for 3 months.

He needs a break after a weeks worth of classes. It would be nice to play a game or two with him, seeing as he is like 900 miles from me....

Any ideas at all are appreciated. :D

Acid

stud
Yeah. Move.

Or see if he can have the ports opened to his room (if that's possible). Tell them if if starts going overboard, shut it off and charge him :p

HeXp£Øi±

bloody
Most schools will actually let you request to have certian ports open if you have a little more legitamate reason. Mine were blocked for awhile and i filled out a port request form telling them i needed it to use dialpad(i think) and they opened them all right up for me.