Photoshop 6 try-out sucks!!

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
My brothers Jack Russell terrier just had 3 little baby puppies. He sent me a bunch of pictures but they are about 900 million kb, which is too large to post here. So I figured I'd just d/l the try out version of ps6 so I could make them small enought to post, but noooooo.....save is not an option in the trial version.:banghead:

Here is a written pictorial: They are brown and black and white, their eyes are not open yet. Two puppies can fit in my hand at the same time. They don't do any tricks yet.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Thanks Huge...psp it is!
I did have a full version, till the HDD crapped out on the comcrap...about 3 gigs of mp3s and ps6 *poof* :cry:

S

s4

It sounds like you need a cd burner or a tape drive, Q. PSP does a better job of compressing graphics files than Photoshop does. You might loose a little quality, but who can really tell? The compressed jpg pics look just as good as the larger originals in my opinion. If someone were to get a magnifying glass, they might be able to point out differences. lol.

If you have a license for Photoshop 6, you might contact Adobe and ask if you can get a replacement cd. Just explain that your old one was lost or destroyed. Was this the full blown PS6 or the LE version? There is a big difference in price, so you'll want to be specific about which one you had. They might be of some help. Then again they might be complete asses, but it's worth asking anyway. They have an email address at their site also. I'm assuming it was registered in your name. If not, then this isn't a good idea.

If I were to pick one or the other, I prefer PSP because it is so easy to use and does so much for under a hundred bucks.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I do have a burner s4, however, in my usual mode of I'll do it tomorrow, I never burned PS6 to disc. :( and the untimely demise of that HDD and the fact that Outlaw helped me "find" the copy that I had pretty much eliminated any cooperation I may have gotten from adobe.:cry: :o

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I certainly don't mind paying for software, and I did like some of the features of PS....but I'm not adept enough at graphics to justify spending over 600.00 on one piece of software. I think I prolly used about 10.00 worth of that copy I had. I don't feel too bad about that.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
PSP is better anyway, and it only nags you for 5 seconds on startup until the 60th day since it was installed, then you either set your clock back or stop using it :)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Yeah, so far I like psp just fine. I could have made my puppy pic a little smaller for the dial up people, but I was too lazy to take it back down and do it over....so I put a nice warning in the title instead :D

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Why the hell would you think Paintshop Pro is better than Photoshop? S4? Fury?

No way.

S

s4

PSP is not nearly as complicated as Photoshop. I don't think it is better software just easier to learn. You can do a lot more with Photoshop than you can with PSP, but that requires learning and practice. PSP is one of those programs that you can load up and start using right away without knowing how to do anything.

I agree that for someone like you, Flavio that Photoshop is the way to go because you know how to make it work. A beginner on the other hand, might find PSP is more useful for doing simple things.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Right now I like it better cuz the trial version is functional. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I know how to use Photoshop and I'm well aware it can do more than PSP. I just like PSP more. Call me an idiot, flamer, dumbass or whatever, but that's my personal preference.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Originally posted by Q
Right now I like it better cuz the trial version is functional. :D

You can get a functional copy of just about any program you want on Morpheus nowadays. ;)