Opinions on this..

BigDadday

Everday People
I know we are trying to be the America we once were but I'm actually wondering if the continuation of the sports at this moment isn't a bit out of line. I know we shut down for a week but we are still vulnerable and sport complexes are where there are alot of civilians in one place.

OK what are your thoughts.

S

s4

You are more than welcome to post news stories in this forum. The forum was Sports, Media & Entertainment. We just changed the name hoping people would use it more.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Sports and anything else last week was definintely out of line. This week I feel we have to get on with our lives. It's nice to be distracted for whatever amount of time and sports helps in this.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I'm with Huge on this too. Last week it was definately an act of respect to cancel or postpone sporting events. However, sports is not only a good distraction for many people but an excellent outlet for frustration and aggression on the part of alot of people. There is already massive amounts of tension as we have witnessed just on these forums. Sports (even as a spectator) is a tremendous outlet for people.

Professur

Mushroom at large
*readies his fireproof suit*

I gotta tell ya, and this is not intended to offend anyone, but I find the average sports fan to be just about the lowest life form available. If you're gonna set up a venue to be targetted, I can't think of a better crowd to fill it with. Except pro wrestling fans, of course.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Why Prof? Sports have been going on for thousands of years in one form or another. You are true about what you said and I hope security is upgraded substantially. But what can you do about someone who is intent on wrecking havoc?

S

s4

I am an average sports fan. I know a little about sports. I watch baseball, football, etc. on tv once in a while. I am not a sports fanatic. I don't consider myself to be a low form of life, and don't know why you said that. Many sports fans are decent, hard working individuals that take care of their family's and don't deserve scorn just because they enjoy watching sports.

I agree with you that there is a great risk of vulerability involved as with any public spectacle, but this has been true long before the NY and Washington attacks.

As for pro wrestling, I watch it sometimes when I'm bored but am not too interested in it.

Originally posted by Professur
*readies his fireproof suit*

I gotta tell ya, and this is not intended to offend anyone, but I find the average sports fan to be just about the lowest life form available. If you're gonna set up a venue to be targetted, I can't think of a better crowd to fill it with. Except pro wrestling fans, of course.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Originally posted by s4
. Many sports fans are decent, hard working individuals that take care of their family's and don't deserve scorn just because they enjoy watching sports.

You see. This is what I was afraid of. I don't equate enjoying watching sports with being a sport's fan. My view of sport's fans comes from Scotish and English soccer. And I come from a city with two rival teams. Teams who's fans have to be separated with concrete walls. Teams who's fans can't even enter the stadium using the same doors.

And then I see some a-hole, half naked in the snow, half drunk watching football, with half his body painted. And if I don't feel that seeing him get wiped out is a tragedy, well excuse me.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Professur - that's one idiotic attitude. Yeah there's a couple painted guys at football games. They're just having a good time though. They're cheering on their team, no reason to wish them harm.

Since you are talking football, it's a game that takes incredible cunning, strength, athleticism, and strategy to win. If you can't appreciate someone like Randy Moss running downfield to catch a pass for 70 yards in the middle of three defenders then you have misplaced your gonads.

br0ck

Originally posted by Professur

You see. This is what I was afraid of. I don't equate enjoying watching sports with being a sport's fan. My view of sport's fans comes from Scotish and English soccer. And I come from a city with two rival teams. Teams who's fans have to be separated with concrete walls. Teams who's fans can't even enter the stadium using the same doors.

And then I see some a-hole, half naked in the snow, half drunk watching football, with half his body painted. And if I don't feel that seeing him get wiped out is a tragedy, well excuse me.

Let me guess, that rival was soccor teams? Why is it, that nearly everytime that ball rolls, ppl die?

br0ck

Plus soccer fans think a stupid 1-0 or if you have an offensive explosion, 2-0 game is a blow out. Come on.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I watch pro wrestling. I enjoy pro wrestling. I dare say I'm even a fanatic of pro wrestling. So I guess I'm one of those people that should be blown up, right?

Just because I watch pro wrestling, I'm some indecent, mindless, worthless excuse for a human being, and I should be killed right on the spot?

I really like your way of thinking, Prof. I wonder just how long you'd keep that opinion if you said that to the face of a pro wrestling fan or two of my size.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Fury. If your general response to his argument is one of threatening him with possible violence at the hands of offended fans, you only make what he says more convincing.

He said that he hated the real psycho fans who would kill each other if only they could get near each other. You infer just such violence towards Prof for saying something contrary to your fandom. You have just lined yourself up as one of the people who give such sports a bad name.

BigDadday

Everday People
* BD ducks,bobs and weaves thru the threads*

Just wanted an opinion and that was carrying it a bit far Proffesur but I believe in letting everyone having one so I will just let you opinion slide. I am just worried about anymore lives being taken and that as it has been said that these are easy targets.

Soccer,Football,Baseball,WWF makes no difference as long as you like it! BD

This is what is upsetting P-"I find the average sports fan to be just about the lowest life form available. If you're gonna set up a venue to be targetted, I can't think of a better crowd to fill it with. "

fury

Administrator
Staff member
What's the difference between what I said and what Prof said?

What I said may seem like an attack, but really I saw it as the only way Prof would understand what I meant, seeing as how he is so violent as well ("If you're gonna set up a venue to be targetted, I can't think of a better crowd to fill it with. Except pro wrestling fans, of course.")

This, to me, is as much of a threat to me as my response to him was. An eye for an eye, fight fire with fire, whatever you want to call it, it's all the same to me

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Rangers vs. Celtics. Oh what a battle that is! My side of the family are Rangers fans. It's true what Prof said about Glasgow football fans. If the Rangers and Celtics are playing each other, Ranger fans sit on one side of the stadium and Celtic fans sit on the other side. It's just stupid. Scotish football fan are good for the most part. Ever watch the World Cup? Everyone loves the Scots!

br0ck

Originally posted by Fuser Man
Rangers vs. Celtics. Oh what a battle that is! My side of the family are Rangers fans. It's true what Prof said about Glasgow football fans. If the Rangers and Celtics are playing each other, Ranger fans sit on one side of the stadium and Celtic fans sit on the other side. It's just stupid. Scotish football fan are good for the most part. Ever watch the World Cup? Everyone loves the Scots!

[sarcasim] When did the Texas Rangers and Boston Celtics play each other? [/sarcasim] :D