Opened Xbox

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
well i see 2 flaws already in it.
1. MS is using a seagate drive, which means it will crash soon....

2. they are also using an intel cpu, GAWD think how much faster and stable it would be with a tbird.:D

does remind me of a laptop though :cool:

saltedeggman

Originally posted by Neo
well i see 2 flaws already in it.
1. MS is using a seagate drive, which means it will crash soon....

2. they are also using an intel cpu, GAWD think how much faster and stable it would be with a tbird.:D

does remind me of a laptop though :cool:

I don't think stability is an issue with Intel's CPU. However, AMD's CPU has much better FPU floating points...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Im curious what OS are they using? and will the games play on my system?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I read in some magazine it would run Win2K. I don't believe it much since the same source said it has 128 MB memory.

Nihilistic

Close the world, txEn eht nepO
Originally posted by Neo

Yes i agree, t-bird would be great. But think about the average consumer. Sticking it in a corner with no ventalation. And a t-bird is obviosly gonna run hot with that puny fan in there....

cant wait to get mine:) :) :)

Deanril

Looks Good ,however the 4 blank ram spots are for the 128 mb it SHOULD have had ,and only has 64.
It runs some kind of HTML OS from what Ive read ,so you cant take XBOX games and pop them into a regular windows os system and play them like HALO.

Seagate hd ................

Performance is good though its a P3 with the L2 cache gone ,not exactly a celleron with its govenor on ,but a mobile p3 with no l2 (from what Ive read).

I would love to take one and install an os on another partition and get the nic working and use it as a web surfer/DVD/gaming rig on a HDTV setup that would ROCK!and hook some decent 5.1 speakers to it ,and a keyboard.

Someone WILL do this and it will be nice.