One Big Problem Now solved

BigDadday

Everday People
I now have a 19" Viewsonic on this instead of that 17" which has been delegated to my lil machine so now maybe I can read these posts now.:D I'm Happy!

BigDadday

Everday People
I should learn to keep my mouth SHUT!!!!

I am having a weird problem as I just got a 19" Viewsonic crt monitor http://www.viewsonic.com/products/crt_a90fplus.htm and it is a kikk arse monitor and am enjoying it immensely but now to the problem,

I took the small 15" away from my spare and put the 17" that I was using on my main machine and when I booted it up it looks like hades. I have tried adjusting the brightness even downloaded the driver for the Proview 770 and the colors still seem awful. It looked fine when I had it on my machine and also the 15" looked a lot clearer and sharper than what it does now.

The only real thing I can think of is doing a reformat and installing a new OS on it,possibly try XP maybe, and see what it looks like but another irritating thing is that the grid looks grainy. What I mean by that is when I go ahead to start,programs etc the grid that all of that is on looks really bad any ideas peeps?

I have win 2000 Pro on it now.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
*Computa will help, COMPUTA WILL HELP*

*DING*

Attachments

• computa.jpg
    computa.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 39

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Is it possibly the video card? When I was at Merrill, every effing machine was exactly the same and I do mean the same, with exception to the monitors. Sometimes you'd turn on a machine and it would look like what you described. I thought it was a refresh problem with the monitor but it turned out it was the tnt card. Try changing the vid card and see if that helps b4 doing any reformats.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Best bet - the refrtesh rate is set wrong.

BD, go to Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Display adapter and see where the refresh rate is set. If there are settings for optimal and adapyter default, try both of those and see if it helps.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Optimal usually sets it at the highest rate listed in the list. Default usually sets it at 60.

Whichever one it was on (probably Default or 60) try something higher. Hit apply. If you manage to set it at a refresh rate the monitor doesn't like, just hit Enter or wait 15 seconds and it will revert to the previous setting.