Ok, time for some more dumb networking questions

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Ok, time for some more dumb nteworking questions

So, I have successfully achieved an internet connection with the t-bird. (with major amounts of help). However the t-bird cannot see the comcrap in the network. I have set all the proper protocol in both machines, enabled file and print sharing. I have cable coming from the wall to the hub, from the hub to the LAN and from the LAN to each computer. Each machine has one ethernet card. The comcraps connection is the same as it always was, but the t-bird's connection is somewhat sporadic. I have purchased a hub on the advice of several people, but I have no clue how to configure it.
The bird has 98 OEM and the crap has 98se. Please, please, please help me make my computers talk to each other. :cry2:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
:D *checks s4 off list of people to pester concerning networking*

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Since I don't know what that means exactly, I guess we can safely assume I haven't. :eh:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Ok its easy as pie...
goto my computer
then when you see your c drive right click and you will see share
left click on it, and tell it to share you will need to do this on both machines if you want to see each computer from either one.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
That's it??
I chose shared as C (& D) on the crap....read only
and shared as C...read only on the bird
is that right? :worm:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
that should do it. are they in the same workgroup? if not name it home and put them in it on both computers and it should work.

I gotta go but ill be back on as starcatcher in a little bit to check on ya.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Yup, same workgroup, same domain, same subnet, same server search order, same bindings, same gateway. Different IPs, different names and the crap is the host and the bird is the guest.

Thanks NEO :love:

Hey what about this router? It's a beauty and I already took it out of the box and played with it. :D

NEWMAN

Live GEEK Radio
if all the computers on the net ...

I think that if man kind went along the same way as all the computers, a handshake would make so much the better in this world, this has nothing to do with networks, but just thought id say that ...