Novel 5.x

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
Who has knowledge on this OS? :D I do and it seems pretty fun to learn so far as it is a simplistic NOS(not for cars) :P Seems like everything in this OS is pretty overwhelmingly user-friendly with a Novel Guru teaching the Novel Class that I am attending for my Network Administrator program. He's pretty cool and has lots of background with Novel 3.x and above . Maybe the earlier versions as well. I might be touching Novel 6.0 by the time the term is over. But by far, this is just the first 1/4 of the term. 12weeks per term and its only the 3rd week. Gonna buckle up as things get hasty with this Novel class. Since when did stupid java take up a GUI in Novel (@.@) JAVA BLEH :p where's the command line, gotta have command line already, learning Linux and Novel ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D gotta go class time

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
ahh the good old days novel 3. up to 5.5
with groupwise (much better than outlook) :) no viruses to worry about

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Novell doesn't have THIS:

Attachments

• ieicon.png
    ieicon.png
    338 bytes · Views: 35

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
*BUSTS OUT THE IT GURU BOOK*
ahem, i meant Novel as NOS(Network Operating System.) DO You know what NOS is meant primarly for???? Who would need such crap as IE? :D Basically Novel can be used as a better Network LAN/WAN then MS and has lots of security features that are far more superior then MS servers. Plus NOVEL IS SUPER FAST. Just plug Novel with about 4Gigs of RAM and say goodbye to slow processing. Bit more tedious to setup but Novel is far more effective for a long uptime with a low minimal chance of downtime. I've heard that many Businesses, hospitals, government places use Novel. Mostly I've heard of Novel as being a fileserver.

The novel guru told a true story and maybe you could find it online. Not sure if it was a local story here in Arizona or not but here it goes. People have been saving their work for years on a fileserver. And a question popped up of where this fileserver was at. Some IT people and some others traced the hardline down to a wall where the line went in. There was no other rooms or access to get around the wall and basically a hole was dugged through the wall and found a Novel fileserver in the wall. Its been sitting there for almost 3years and has never gone down. Now how BS is that? :D:smash:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Ive heard that story too tamago. dont really think its true. We had ran them for weeks at a time but never years.

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
must be faulty hardware :D

But what can i say, I hate/love MS/Linux/Unix/Novel for many things as any OS has their pros/cons

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I've heard a story similar to that. Some contruction was being done at a university that entailed some wall removal. Low and behold...a server. Up for three years or something like that. Probably an attempt at Novel to boost thier reliability claim. :lol:

If you absolutely must use the word "Novell" in a sentence, please spell "Novell" correctly......with 2 L's!

Thank you :D

Novel <------is a book you read!
NOVELL <-----correct spelling!

Diffie

BSD/Linux freak
Novell :D , we use 2 fileservers ... never a problem , unless the Admin screws up :p

I do daily ARCSERVE backups as part of my job .Other than that i have no experiance with Novell.